Small fan pricing

blacklilah

Jan 25, 2008
Does 1600 pesos seem like a lot for a small standing fan? We stopped by a store today, and once I converted to dollars, its $47, which seems extremely high. I didn't buy it, and was wondering if anyone has bought one recently so we can have a general idea of how much one should cost. Also, where is a good place to go? We're in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Does 1600 pesos seem like a lot for a small standing fan? We stopped by a store today, and once I converted to dollars, its $47, which seems extremely high. I didn't buy it, and was wondering if anyone has bought one recently so we can have a general idea of how much one should cost. Also, where is a good place to go? We're in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area.

You can find fans at all prices here. The price does not seem to be an exclusive indicator for quality though.

Door to door "dealers" sell the crappiest fans to locals for 3000 Pesos... sure, on terms... they can pay for them in weekly installments.

Desktop fans start around 500 Pesos... at that price, some are OK and some are plain garbage.
As pedestal fans, I use LASKO... their all plastic... run noiseless and smooth... got 2 running 24/7 for over a year now. Pick'em at Encanto in Santiago for about 16 hundred Pesos. Their so good, I have locals "ordering" them from me... so every now and then I go to Santiago... I'm smuggling Lasko fans into Puerto Plata.

... J-D.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Lasko Fan

Don't know where this store is!! Are they available at other stores or is this easy to find. Planning a shopping spree soon and would like to pick one up as one of ours bit the dust!!!
Thanks for any info.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
In Santiago you mean?
EL Encanto is in the old downtown... I don't know the street names but it's only one or two parallels off Calle del Sol. You ask around there, everybody knows the store.
Other stores may carry them, I'm sure (almost).

... J-D.