Can I bring a TV with me into the DR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I am planning on bringing in a 19 inch flat screen Sony Bravia into the DR. Can anyone tell me if I will have trouble with customs, and also if US or Canadian models will work in DR?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I am planning on bringing in a 19 inch flat screen Sony Bravia into the DR. Can anyone tell me if I will have trouble with customs, and also if US or Canadian models will work in DR?

Will work perfect. Put in your large suitcase. Hire a carry-man right after plane, give him ten dollars and tell him go straight without X-ray checking.

If you declare your TV be prepared to pay $200-$300US like one woman did a month ago. She tried to pretend stupid and to say that it is external monitor for computer. No way, Jose!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Will work perfect. Put in your large suitcase. Hire a carry-man right after plane, give him ten dollars and tell him go straight without X-ray checking.

If you declare your TV be prepared to pay $200-$300US like one woman did a month ago. She tried to pretend stupid and to say that it is external monitor for computer. No way, Jose!!
Is a carry-man someone who works for the airport?
SHALENA

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Is a carry-man someone who works for the airport?
SHALENA

portero. there is lot of them when you leave the plane. they wave hello to security guys and just pass. they share money at the end of the day I think.

Same with honey.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
wow in pop i just get my bags put them on the cart and off i go and if called i just keep walking nobody has ever come after me
oh and on the last trip i went out picked up the rental car and walked back in and then picked my bags up and left
the guy just looked at me i was like ok c u
and for some reason people at the car rental counters think i am a baseball player
i look nothing like a ball player i am 6ft4inchs tall and a big guy
but they always ask me what team i play for NY or FL or then they see my atlanta address on the paper work so then it is atlanta i tell them no they say yes yes
just crazy

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
wow in pop i just get my bags put them on the cart and off i go and if called i just keep walking nobody has ever come after me
oh and on the last trip i went out picked up the rental car and walked back in and then picked my bags up and left
the guy just looked at me i was like ok c u
and for some reason people at the car rental counters think i am a baseball player
i look nothing like a ball player i am 6ft4inchs tall and a big guy
but they always ask me what team i play for NY or FL or then they see my atlanta address on the paper work so then it is atlanta i tell them no they say yes yes
just crazy

It works for me too. But with portero it is more guaranteed - low level corruption is the best thing to beat high level "official" corruption (taxes, police tickets, customs charges etc)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It works for me too. But with portero it is more guaranteed - low level corruption is the best thing to beat high level "official" corruption (taxes, police tickets, customs charges etc)

Nothing like being a hypocrite!

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Wow, I did not think it was going to be such a hasle. I paid $600.Canadian for this TV, if I get caught I have to pay from $200-to$300. It is just not worth the hassle of transporting it. I guess I will buy a new one in DR and return this one.
Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.