Monchy & Alexandra concert in Toronto - Oct 24/08

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I see they are visiting multiple locations in ONT.........but not MTL???

Anyone heard? Lesley?

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Would be great to see them in concert, I love their song Perdidos and just about all their songs, can't make toronto though, any other tour dates, maybe them in concert with Aventura ? Gracias oh yeah why DR girl at heart? why the Handle? Take care and God bless
Biggs

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Would be great to see them in concert, I love their song Perdidos and just about all their songs, can't make toronto though, any other tour dates, maybe them in concert with Aventura ? Gracias oh yeah why DR girl at heart? why the Handle? Take care and God bless
Biggs

Hi!

Not sure about other concert dates. I only found this one through a Toronto Hispanic website that I happened across.

I chose DR Girl at heart because I am Canadian, but love the DR. It always feels like home when I am there. I may have been born Canadian, but I am a DR girl in my heart (and no, it's not because of anyone in particular down there.) :)

Take care.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Last time they were in Toronto we had tickets and they were supposed to show up at 10:00 p.m. and came at 2:30 a.m. in the morning. Aventura was the same and they also came with only two members of their group. Not worth it to me to wait all night crammed in like sardines and then have them show up so late and play for an hour or so.

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Yikes!! I hope they show up on time tonight, or I will NOT be a happy camper. Dominican time is for when I am in the DR. If you are in Toronto, you should be on Toronto time - all the rest of us have to be.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
They should be at El caballero club tomorrow the 25th

see this link. But I can't reach them by phone and don't know how to buy ticket. Montreal let me know if you figure it out

calendrier Salsafolie Home

Salut Isabelle,

Merci, pour l'info. Je ne suis pas surprise qu'ils ne r?pondent pas au Caballeros...

I was out of town for a bit so haven't seen el Chasqui or el Directorio to see any ads for Monchy Alexandra. Tu es probablement mieux de passer pour acheter les billets en personne si tu veut sauver le 10$

I wish I could go but my Saturday is full already.....too bad ;(

Nicky

OscarD

Oct 25, 2008
Great show last night here in Toronto! Kind of short, though, but I guess we wanted them to play all night ;)

The place was packed, people from everywhere, not only latinos! :)

What's the name of the group from Montreal that opened? They were great too!

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
It was a terrific show - well worth the time and money. I was having so much fun, even with the opening act, that I didn't even notice the time. lol

Even my husband enjoyed himself, and he hasn't really been exposed to this kind of music that much. He was tapping his feet along with the music. This bodes well for our trip to Punta Cana in Dec. :)

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
cover songs, but excellent performance

The singer have a goatee? If so, it's a popular Dominican band in MTL that does cover songs. His name is Freddy.....something. I'll get back to u on that one, it's been a long night ;)

OscarD

Oct 25, 2008
The show was announced as being their last ever together....I've heard that one before, how many farewell tours has Tina Turner done? ;)

I guess they mean that it's their last tour, not their last show.

Obviously, they didn't mention their break-up during the show.

OscarD

Oct 25, 2008
The singer have a goatee? If so, it's a popular Dominican band in MTL that does cover songs. His name is Freddy.....something. I'll get back to u on that one, it's been a long night ;)

Don't remember if he has a goatee.
The guitarrista is a young guy, 21 he said... he stole the show! :)
They also have a female singer, she does mostly backup vocals but she did a solo at the end.

OscarD

Oct 25, 2008
Looks like this will be their last tour. Did you notice any friction?

I did notice friction, but it could have been my imagination.
Like they hardly looked at each other, each one doing their stuff a few metres apart... but by watching old shows on youtube maybe they always perform like that. On the other hand when Alex Bello and Alexandra sang together one song they were very close "Yo soy Alex Bello... y yo Alexandra!"