and my first crash

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oops, i hit a car going out of the parking lot in jose luis :ermm:
the driver was kinda nice, thou, he took my number and let me go home. in all the nerves i did not notice what type of car i scratched and i did not take a drivers number either. :ermm:
miesposo took it well, as he says, it's a part of learning process. gee.
and on a way back home AMET guy stopped me because i forgot to turn on the lights :eek: no ticket, he just signalled i have to put them on.
i take back all i said about how easy it is to drive a car, it takes practice. unfortunately the only way to get practice it to drive. catch 22, i tell ya. :paranoid:
i know that an accident of some sort was inevitable and i am in a way glad it's already behind me. but to do such a stupid thing, and just before my bday too! :eek:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for a moment let's forget about the 17th birthday,
what will miesposo say when the bill for the reparation of a brand new ferrari flies into the mailbox??
and by the papers you could not even say it wasn't that car you 'touched'.
heck,
my beloved cooking lady is worlds farther from driving on this planet's roads in what ever WWII tank than ever.
and she even doesn't know it is your fault, not mine!!!
ha ha ha
an other great love tonight about
"what ya let your Gal do"
and what you should not waste time to even think about!!!
guys,
let them go to the salon every day,
buy some nice looking ... clothes every day,
a dinner out in town every weekend, o.k., no overdoing, every 2nd,
but hell,
think about costs of nerves/reducing of lifetime due to heart attacks on hourly bases and horrendous costs of our porsches in the country.
let's take our cars,
meet up over there at the car wash,
talk about that,
would save a lot of bucks for each,
like fun for free, ha ha
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i forgot to say that i got so upset i had to ask a driver of a car i hit to take my car out of the parking lot. :bunny:
ha ha ha
god, i had to take sedoxil to calm my nerves...
miesposo calmly said i can drive a car again no problem, shyt happens.
the reason i did the license in the first place was to get some independence. but husband still has to fork out mechanic bill. it's good to be married! :cheeky:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it's good to be married!
that def depends in the point of view from the 2 available sides, lol.
btw,
what kind of prescriptions are working so fine to keep miesposo that calm?
of course i assume he's alive and more or less well, still.
i may need a larger amount of that soon!!!!
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
i forgot to say that i got so upset i had to ask a driver of a car i hit to take my car out of the parking lot. :bunny:
ha ha ha
the reason i did the license in the first place was to get some independence. but husband still has to fork out mechanic bill. it's good to be married! :cheeky:

In you first post you wrote that tu esposo took it well. How did you expect him to take it?? And now you say it's good to be married. To get some independence or to be dependent???:surprised

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
ha ha ha

You are real quick, Matka Boska!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I am not kidding............

.................I distinctly remember reading your post regarding your first time driving to Santiago, at the same time, hearing about the "bad" accidents that had just happened around the same time on the road from POP to STI and thinking................"boy, i'm glad i wasn't on my way to Santiago while she was driving"..............

........AND NOW THIS................

How about posting your schedule for us all to know so we can keep clear of your route!

There are already ENOUGH bad drivers on the road..............

Mar 2, 2008
Bad boy,

That's very funny.

But I doubt dv8 is any worse than the majority of drivers out there. I'm afraid if we had all the poor drivers in the DR post their driving schedules we'd never get to drive anywhere.

With 17 year-old drivers, it is the same deal all over the world. They are just pretty much clueless about the hazards, and the consequences, of absent-minded driving. And most 17 year old drivers are completely absent-minded, throughout the world.

The cute little smilely faces don't help much when kids and cars are mixed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is there anyone who expects me to me 17 years old?! i am flattered! :cheeky:
in fact i will be 32 soon so youth is not an excuse.
the jeepeta in altamira hit a bus and that happened when i was already in santiago, don't blame me for that! :cheeky:
la mariposa, i wanted geographical independence not financial... i am feminist in everything save for money.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
is there anyone who expects me to me 17 years old?! i am flattered! :cheeky:
the jeepeta in altamira hit a bus and that happened when i was already in santiago, don't blame me for that! :cheeky:
la mariposa, i wanted geographical independence not financial... i am feminist in everything save for money.

I was not thinking neither talking about money

Mar 2, 2008
is there anyone who expects me to me 17 years old?! i am flattered!

I apologize for my mistake. I thought Mike knew you and was serious with his comment:
"for a moment let's forget about the 17th birthday,"

Please remove all my referrences to "17-year olds" and replace them with "32-year old women".
Just kidding!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
dv8, most accidents happen on the parking lots. I have had a couple already :eek: It is normal. The most important thing is not bump into anything while entering narrow parking garage doors, not to speed more than 15-20 miles over the limit and also stay in your lane while driving- huge repair and traffic tickets costs :paranoid:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you for everyone's support, i really feel rotten. miesposo is on a laughing stage, he has bumped his car several time including crashing into a parked car while 15 (no license). his brother in 6 months crashed/bumped/scratched his car 10 times.
still, the event on a parking lot was 100% my stupidity. i need to practice more. luckily i have not been banned from driving - so far.
gosh i feel really bad today, 32 year old lady looks about 20 years older while on a verge of tears, i tell ya.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it may not have been your fault - people will try to drive into you in car parks then claim it was your fault- this happened to me,fortunately I was only driving two miles an hour reversing and my spare wheel was in the way , he still claimed I dented his bumper bar......errrr red paint hello this is a silver car- nice try- even he laughed at his failed attempt

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nah, my fault, first the horrible screech and then a mile long scratch on his door.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
nah, my fault, first the horrible screech and then a mile long scratch on his door.

Don't tell me you overlooked a stretch limousine to make it a mile long scratch? :bunny:

Well, I am sorry for your accident. I KNOW what it feels like... things can get very quickly out of hands sometimes, as emotions tend to fly high in a split second. But you seem to have been at least somewhat lucky.

The parking situation is one reason I don't shop often at Jose Luis. At Tropical I also only use their parking only if it's half empty, which it usually never is and rather park along the side street South of the Bank.

You "victim" may have learned a lesson from before... it is extremely difficult to get "small" damage paid as both sides usually have a copay around 12'000.oo Pesos. Dominicans seem not to understand that they are to pay for that copay to whom ever they caused damage too. So your victim may may surrendered to the fact that the damage may be too little to make it above the copay anyway...
Sometime, you will be the victim and suffer the same loss... and all things will seem to get into balance again.

It's not just... but it happens to often.

Good luck! ... J-D.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
it may not have been your fault - people will try to drive into you in car parks then claim it was your fault- this happened to me,fortunately I was only driving two miles an hour reversing and my spare wheel was in the way , he still claimed I dented his bumper bar......errrr red paint hello this is a silver car- nice try- even he laughed at his failed attempt

They all do it on gringos here. Just one of thousands of sophisticated ways to separate gringo from his money. In one case the even called police and I had to sit there waiting when police came and told them to go to hell. I had to pay police $1000 RD anyway. Just for coming.