Dominican Republic citizenship

J

joerusso

Hello fellow drers,

I'm looking for some information on how to become a citizen here. I was born and raised in the states and have been here now going on 2 years. I would like to take out a loan from a bank so I can establish credit here. Can anyone please give me some direction on this procedure without going through a lawyer since I want to save money on doing this. If its best to go through a lawyer, than by all means please let me know as well as any info on a contact for a lawyer through dr1. Thanks so much for any help on this very important issue. Joe

J

joerusso

hi Joe,
jump over to the section named "legal" here on the bord,
you will find all answers there, and the right lawyer, too.
good luck
Mike

Thanks Mike, but I don't see any good info there, but perhaps I may have over looked it as well. ;) I only see some questions about jobs and not being a citizen here etc. please post any info if you have it. Thanks again!;)

J

joerusso

great! thanks for the help, so here is my next question..if i wanted to do this myself, where can I get the application from, online? and can I get it in English? Would the Embassy be the place to go for this? or to immigration? I would like to take a shot at this on my own since it seems so simple to do. thanks again! Joe

P.S also, can I just get a cedula? and what is the difference? All I want is able to take out a loan and establish credit here in this country, so can i do this with a cedula? sorry, I have no idea about this.

Last edited:
J

joerusso

sorry for the bump mods, but I wanted to know what the difference is between a celuar and getting a residence here. All i want is to establish credit so what is the best way to do this? Trying to obtain a celuar or resident and how can I get the application for the celuar <--not sue of the spelling. Anyone, please PM me or post here..thanks again so much! Joe

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Joe,
a cedula can not be taken separately.
you apply for the residency and with that you get within the process automatically the cedula.
do you want to get a loan here in the country or are you talking about a loan back home and invest that here in the country?
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
to get the credit for the purchase of a new car with the bank where you have your accounts is usually not a big deal.
can not comment about getting a dominican credit card,
mine are my european ones, never changed that and everywhere on the planet accepted for great conditions/fees.
good luck
Mike