Shipping to D.R from Miami. Help Please

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
I would like to ship a few things to D.R b4 i leave in december.
Anyone know of any good SHipping Companies here Miami.
Please Let me Know.
Phone Numbers, and Prices Would be good Thank You.

havinfun99

Oct 20, 2008
I like Santo Domingo Shipping in MIA 305-4719007. 24 x24 x24 is $125. Don't bother with the small boxes because they are not much cheaper. My friend ships all the time with them too. Make sure you tell them it's just personal stuff but if you send electronics you have to pay extra. Nowadays either they or aduanas checks every box so be truthful. They bring your stuff to the door in DR.

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
thanks.

so by any chance, how much more expenisve would it be to put something electronic in there?

Feb 7, 2007
You mean I can get a box 24" x 24" x 24" shipped from Miami to the DR for $125?

That's a great price to ship brochures from the printing company in the USA to the DR... I am paying arm & leg with EPS.

How long do they take to deliver in the DR from the time the stuff arrives to their Miami address?

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
thanks, i believe i called montero before i posted this blog. jus wanted to hve a few options.

havinfun99

Oct 20, 2008
yes rubio $125 us for that box from MIA. There are others; there's another good one called something like Mudanza Dominicana. Prices from MIA and NY are all standard because there are so many Dominicans there. I think tanks are $175 from either spot. I shipped a 20" tv last year for $150; now that we have "free trade" it costs US$200. Just another example of Dominican economics at work.
Don't all other dr1 posters ship stuff like this? If you can't get it in your suitcase, shipping co not so bad.
If you send tools there is not supposed to be a tax but you must declare it in your box. If you send a microwave it costs around US$ 75 but if it goes in the box only pay the box + $25. I was thinking that if you live in DR you always need someone to send you stuff. Even if they go to the dollar store it saves you some money but I believe the real saving is when you can get something really cheap in US or maybe even used and ship.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Keep track of these names and numbers!! All good information. My daughter ships us boxes from time to time, and I mean big boxes, line 48 x 24 x 24, I have not really measured them but they weigh a lot and are chock full of stuff....Like $80 for the Ft, Lauderdale area...I'll get the name and number and post it here. The more options the merrier...

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Keep track of these names and numbers!! All good information. My daughter ships us boxes from time to time, and I mean big boxes, line 48 x 24 x 24, I have not really measured them but they weigh a lot and are chock full of stuff....Like $80 for the Ft, Lauderdale area...I'll get the name and number and post it here. The more options the merrier...

HB

HB, same from NY/NJ - $75 per box, 3 for $200. If you want to send a big blue plastic tank it's $115 plus you have to pay for the tank [$40], they supply the boxes for free.

AE