best way of travel to capitol

MKay

Oct 23, 2008
Need to replace my cedular card and need to find out best form of transportation. Any help on address and or directions to goverment building would be very helpful. Plus, time permitting any places to shop ??
Thinking of leaving Wednesday morning very early....
thanks in advance....
MK

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
To get to The Capitol ........ you would need a plane out of here to Miami/JFK & then onward flight to Washington DC.:cheeky: :chinese:

To get to the Capital (Santo Domingo) which is what I presume you are referring to, it would be easier for us to advise if we knew where you are traveling FROM. :ermm:
(By the way, to get your cedula your Residencia card needs to be up to date. Check that before you decide to go AND at the same time check that JCE (the place you go to for cedulas) has the PLASTIC in stock AND their machines/computers/cameras are working!!:eek:gre:!!)!! Nope .....:squareeye....... I am NOT joking!! ~ Grahame.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
do I have to suppose, from where are you coming to the capital?
are you talking about CELULAR CARD or CEDULA ID
for cedula. you have to go to JCE junta central electoral. located at the end of 27 de febrero ave. at corner with luperon ave. just in front of the big circular plaza. if you come by Caribe Tour or Metro tour, you just have to take a bus or publico (concho) and go straight to the Plaza de la Bandera.

MKay

Oct 23, 2008
Thank you so much for your information. I think Caribe tour bus is the way to go from Chirimico to capitol.....
do I have to suppose, from where are you coming to the capital?
are you talking about CELULAR CARD or CEDULA ID
for cedula. you have to go to JCE junta central electoral. located at the end of 27 de febrero ave. at corner with luperon ave. just in front of the big circular plaza. if you come by Caribe Tour or Metro tour, you just have to take a bus or publico (concho) and go straight to the Plaza de la Bandera.

Feb 7, 2007
OK my friend I will sum it up: it's capitAl, not capitOl

Capital is the main administrative city for the country, Capitol serves as the seat of government for the United States Congress.

There are no cedular cards in the DR.
There are cellular cards for mobile phones, and there are cedula plastic ID's.

...just to update your vocabulary... :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To renew the c?dula you need to have your Residence up to date and that you can do in Santiago now. then you can go to Santo Domingo (Better on Metro than Caribe Tour--closer to the JCE than Caribe Torus)...

Now, then...piece of cake, isn't it??

HB

MKay

Oct 23, 2008
Metro tip !

Hey Hillbilly,

Thanks for the information on the metro bus to Santo Domingo....

Last question is where is the metro bus station at ?

Will call about schedule time and cost...

First time using DR1 for information which is really appreciated, but not the other sarcasm that goes with it?.

Guess I should be use to it by now....