Anybody know a fish market in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Hi all,

I'm looking for a place in Sosua that sells seafood items like octupus, squid/calamari, mussels, fish, shrimp...stuff like that.

I know I can get that stuff (with various degrees of success) at the Supermercado Playero but I wondered if there might be a better place, like a colmado or fish market that Dominicans might be frequenting?...just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi all,

I'm looking for a place in Sosua that sells seafood items like octupus, squid/calamari, mussels, fish, shrimp...stuff like that.

I do not mean to hijack this thread but I am in la la land right now thinking of all that delicious seafood.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm;)

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Hi all,

I know I can get that stuff (with various degrees of success) at the Supermercado Playero but I wondered if there might be a better place, like a colmado or fish market that Dominicans might be frequenting?...just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Only fish. All other things mentionned - very little. Due to overexploitation of DR marine resourses some years back.

Same thing can happen now with overbuilding and over construction by greedy enterpreteurs.

Go to El Tablon. There are several fish shops on the beach. Go all the way down from Caribe Tours.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Thanks for the info, just to clarify...when you say "down from Caribe Tours" are you talking of the beach in Charamicos? I don't remember that road leading down from the corner where Caribe Tours is leading directly down to the beach area?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Thanks for the info, just to clarify...when you say "down from Caribe Tours" are you talking of the beach in Charamicos? I don't remember that road leading down from the corner where Caribe Tours is leading directly down to the beach area?

You pass la cancha de baloncesto and school and after that you take the first street on your right that goes all the way down to the sea.

Buy also aceite de tiburon there! Do not forget.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Thank you again. "aceite de tiburon" = Shark oil? Why would I want this?

When you mentioned only fish, not much else earlier, you were talking about this place?

What are the prices like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.