Alternative to rockys

Status
Not open for further replies.

palawan

Jul 23, 2008
Ive just heard back from marco at rockys that they are full for the dates i want in december. I know i shouldnt be surprised but I am saddened. Do you guys have suggestions for alteranitves i can book on line.

Many thanks from a newbie to DR

MArk

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
1. The New Garden
2. Sea Breeze
3. Casa Valeria
4. Casa Cayena
5. Europa
6. Club Residencial

***You could also try the "search button" on this site!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
1. The New Garden
2. Sea Breeze
3. Casa Valeria
4. Casa Cayena
5. Europa
6. Club Residencial

***You could also try the "search button" on this site!

But they are more expensive than Rocky if booked online. Personal negotiation of price on-site is strongly recommended. Europa is not much negotiable. Others - are. For how long you need lodging?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Also big hotel with neglected pool behind German restaurant on carretera (near Gym and car wash ), I forgot its name.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
To the OP...do not wait for "on-site negotiation" if travelling during the high season ie December. Take it as a sign that Rocky's is already booked for the time you sought.

While getting a "deal" is great, bear in mind this is a very busy travel time so hope you get your plans in order soon.

Good luck!

Reactions: Tamborista

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
To the OP...do not wait for "on-site negotiation" if travelling during the high season ie December. Take it as a sign that Rocky's is already booked for the time you sought.

While getting a "deal" is great, bear in mind this is a very busy travel time so hope you get your plans in order soon.

Good luck!

drloca is right. You must have a back up plan.

For this reason I asked you for how long you need lodging.

palawan

Jul 23, 2008
trying for back up plan

drloca is right. You must have a back up plan.

For this reason I asked you for how long you need lodging.

AK thanks fro the advice i know ive been looking for a while and should have moved earlier

Im looking at 17th - 18th december then im booked into the breezes then 22-23 then im booked into Luperon

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Heard unconfdirmed that Waterfront might be reopen for Chirstmas - New Year time. You may contact them too.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Also big hotel with neglected pool behind German restaurant on carretera (near Gym and car wash ), I forgot its name.

Paraiso Colon? Seems like a nice place, but is rarely mentioned on the recommendation lists, may be worth a shot...

Del Delfin gets mentioned once in awhile...which I think is in Rocky's price range...I've never been there so can't give an opinion, but you may want to check them out if you're on a limited budget.

To the OP...keep in mind that "online reservations" at most, if not all of the hotels mentioned will be through emails, not a formal online reservation system.

Also, there will likely be LITTLE OR NO "negotiations" to be had for those times...either online or in person. Even with the world economy being what it is, Sosua will probably fare pretty well, at least for the weeks around Christmas and New Year.

Reactions: Tamborista

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
also Blue Delphin and Palace. Are they still open? What was the name of the big wrestler guy I forgot. Nevere heard of them long time. Some years ago both were good place. Especially Palace.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
also Blue Delphin and Palace. Are they still open? What was the name of the big wrestler guy I forgot. Nevere heard of them long time. Some years ago both were good place. Especially Palace.

Big John is still causing trouble at the Blue Dolphin, if that is still the name.

A

apostropheman

AK74, did you even read the title of the thread?

The palace is long closed as a place to stay and was always more of a whorehouse than anything else, as was the Blue Dolphin, also effectively closed and has been "under renovation" for years.

Neither bore any resemblance to Rocky's, were setup totally differently and had available chicas running all over the place.

It's an insult to even compare them to Rocky's! :chinese:

Big John is still causing trouble at the Blue Dolphin, if that is still the name.

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
also big hotel with neglected pool behind german restaurant on carretera (near gym and car wash ), i forgot its name.

the hotel is paraiso de colon, and the pool is not neglected. There ws a mud slide incident last year due to neglectful landscaping by a construction sight neighboring the hotel, but that has been corrected. I live here, and its nice, clean, quiet, secure, ad affordable. They have a websight, you might check, they fillup for the winter here........

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
To the OP,

Rocky's accommodations, especially at that price point, are going to be very hard to match. Especially during high season.

One option: have you considered Cabarete? The town next door has some decent and inexpensive accommodations as well, and a gua gua ride back to Sosua will only set you back about 50 pesos.

Good luck,

DRob.:glasses:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
the hotel is paraiso de colon, and the pool is not neglected. There ws a mud slide incident last year due to neglectful landscaping by a construction sight neighboring the hotel, but that has been corrected. I live here, and its nice, clean, quiet, secure, ad affordable. They have a websight, you might check, they fillup for the winter here........

Thank you for clarification.

I am glad that the little problem is corrected.

Do you still have free access to the gym like always before?
Or Stas and his father rescinded the policy?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thank you for clarification.

I am glad that the little problem is corrected.

Do you still have free access to the gym like always before?
Or Stas and his father rescinded the policy?

Do you accomplish anything by randomly name dropping all over this board?

Reactions: drloca

aross

Nov 15, 2007
...Or by repeatedly suggesting first time visitors rent $25 cars at the airport or negotiate $25 hotel rooms in Sosua??

Or by renting boats without drivers to navigate around 3 miles out on the Atlantic Ocean trying to impress girls (or whatever else you are doing out there).

Status
Not open for further replies.