FEDO card

niceguy511

Oct 2, 2008
Freinds: my email address is niceguy511@yahoo.com
My friend and I will be in Dominican Republic from 12th November thru 23rd.
I wrote to jhazim@playadoradagolf.com and my eamil was returned.
We will be in Santo Domingo when we arrive and we will have a car. Can we secure the card in Santo Domingo?
Anyinformation in regard to FEDO card is welcome. The website is in Spanish and unfortunately I do not know much of this language.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
You're on the right track

You've figured out that playing golf in the DR with a Federation Membership Card is one of the great bargains anywhere in the world. Additionally, you're in luck with the main office being in Santo Domingo you can purchase a membership card and be on your way. that being said, the logistics of your undertaking will render it almost impossible. Here is a link to the membership office with contact numbers. They have English speaking secretaries.

Golf Dominicano

Driving around Santo Domingo in your rent a car and not speaking Spanish it might take you a day to find the place. The memberships are annual so buying in Nov you should get a card for 2008-09. I think the cards are technically for Dominicans or members of a course in the DR so they may ask you for a course affilation. They do not check so you can tell them any course. For about $150 each for the membership you can enjoy a lot of cheap golf especially in the Juan Dolio area with Guavaberry and Metro CC offering tremendous bargains to members ($30 cart included). Some free rounds also. Your best bet would be to call ahead and purchase with a CC. They say can send your card to a member course where you'll be playing but I wouldn't trust them to do that, I'd pick them up at the office. Good luck!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
niceguy511,
You have asked the question in a couple of other threads & been given the answers there - please read them & then answer these questions for me so that I might TRY to be helpful.
1. You will be staying WHERE in the DR? (I know you said you would be travelling round Santo Domingo but WHICH airport are you coming into & how long will you be staying in that area?
2. Which area are you likely to be playing golf in first? You could pay by credit card & then get Mariel to send your cards TO THAT COURSE FOR YOU TO PICK UP!!
3. are you bringing your own clubs or are you wanting to RENT clubs?

~ Grahame.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
FEDO Card Rip Offs

I got thoroughly taken in and Gringo'd with my FEDO card. I bought it late in the year, and then had to wait about six weeks to collect it. I was told I was buying a 1 year subscription which was a total lie. It expired just a few months after I bought it.

If you want to buy a FEDO card buy it in January because it lasts for one calandar year. Nothing else - no if's, no but's, just a rip off if you buy it in September / October.

Be warned

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
You are correct - almost

I got thoroughly taken in and Gringo'd with my FEDO card. I bought it late in the year, and then had to wait about six weeks to collect it. I was told I was buying a 1 year subscription which was a total lie. It expired just a few months after I bought it.

If you want to buy a FEDO card buy it in January because it lasts for one calandar year. Nothing else - no if's, no but's, just a rip off if you buy it in September / October.

Be warned

You must be specific that you are purchasing a subscription for 2009. Insist on a temporary card because they have a very poor record of getting the cards out on time. The courses barely look at the cards and they know the reputation of FEDO Golf with timely issuance of cards. Often times just a reciept that you have paid is sufficient, the courses are not very busy and almost never hassle over a discount. Continuing members merely show last years card. They will also honor a card in final months of a year if it's for the following year. September is pushing it because they don't start selling cards for the following year until Nov. They have to get confirmation from the courses on the discount restrictions for the following year.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

Be warned
I don't think you were 'Gringo'd' as I have heard the same from a couple of Dominicans who did not check date of renewal prior to buying the card. I know I mentioned this aspect a couple of times in previous posts I have made regarding the FedoGolf membership.

However, it appears that some form of alteration has been made to their 'Membership periods' because I ordered this year, got it LATE (surprise surprise) & noted WHEN I got it in February that the date it expired was ....... February 2009!!! As I played off my 2007 card until my new card arrived, this effectively gave me an extra month (or two depending on if 'Feb 2009' is considered the expire beginning of Feb or end of it!!) absolutely FREE. Anyone getting their card in June or July should check out when EXPIRATION of the card will be!

Whilst talking golf - any DR1 members coming down from the US of A to play golf in late November - early December?? ~ Grahame.