Job for a teacher?

Miguel's_Mami

Oct 18, 2008
I am currently a teacher (this is my third year - taught PreK for one year, this is my second year teaching Kindergarten), and have a teaching certificate with an ESOL endorsement. I am wondering how easy it would be for me to get a job either teaching elementary school or teaching English in La Romana, Dominican republic (I am currently dating someone from there - he used to work at Casa De Campo - and we have discussed the possibility of getting married and moving back there together). I do speak some Spanish (I actually lived in Mexico for fours years when I was a child), but am a little rusty and by no means fluent. I would be looking at moving there probably either summer of 2009 or summer of 2010, so I still have a little while, but I just wanted to start gathering information :).

Thanks!
Anita

Raul

Sep 21, 2008
I am dominican and I suggest you to learn spanish as much as you can,since there most people only speak spanish at all time and about teaching there, do not forget that you will be getting paid in pesos, so make sure to find a good school to teach.