Moreno President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I note that they are still avidly debating angels vis-?-vis pinheads on that other thread, so here is a somewhat different question.

It now appears more and more likely that the US is poised to elect its first person of color as President. Should that happen and all politics aside, do you suppose that it will be seen as an event of great significance by people of color worldwide, including the DR?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had hopes this thread was about Guillermo Moreno...not race.

Mar 2, 2008
I don't think race has been a significant factor in this election. There are always those who consider it, but their numbers are quite small, in my opinion.

As far as other countries are concerned, I doubt many will care one way or the other. Most will want to see what kind of foreign policy evolves out of any administration.

As I recall, the original Victor Laszlo, in the movie "Casablanca", got the girl as a result of his high moral standards, and the respect that Rick had for his work.

I think in a metaphoric sense, the same will be true for Obama. If he does good work, he will win the respect of the people worldwide, and perhaps the US can then regain some of the international goodwill that was squandered during the last eight years.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if it would be about race the big country US would need several presidents at the same time.
the more important point is:
will something significantly be done compared to the last several periods of presidencies in on of the most powerful countries of the globe?
who ever will win the race on the 4th,
he will basically have a easy job to be better than the prior ones been,
the job could barely be done worse than it had be done the last 2 decades.
but that's just my non american citizen outsider point of view,
i am following the other trhead but the heck i will sure not join that discussions.
looks like real politics:
a huge circus with more clowns than visitors.
Cobrab.,
been more than once close to join in after some smarta$$es answered your posts.
keep them up.
Mike

Sep 19, 2005
hopefully he will suffer the same fate as shirley chisholm

ha ha

but seriously the race doesnt look like it is playing a huge roll in the news.

I dont know what the rest of the world would think, but i think it would have an impact in the states to the people that are always pushing that issue.

maybe it would be like the red Sox finally winning the series...good you did it , now can the crying stop and we move forward!! ha ha

I know the south will have huge issues, i dont know how we can avoid that.

I think most of america knows the color of the candidates skin has nothing to do with his inteligence and capacity in office.

I personally would love for a black woman who likes my views to get elected....get two big roadblocks out of the way for american history and I can still have the things i want or hope for in my life....

Condaleeza!!( is that spelled right?) ha ha

bad bad bob

May 12, 2005
OK, we all know the deal with race issues here on DR1. We already have another thread on the campaign. No need to have second based solely on race. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.