travelling from sousa to boca chica /santo domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlearose

Jan 29, 2008
Hi my husband and I are spending 3 weeks in Sousa in Jan. Its our 4th time to the DR ( we love it )and we are staying at the casa marina reef

This time we would like to spend a long weekend in the Boca chica /santo domingo area and want to know the best way to get there ie public transport/ flying or taxi ( we know it will be expensive but we got a great deal on the holiday at ?800 for 3 weeks inclusive and want to see a bit more of the island and the capital) and any reccomendations on where to stay
prefer a hotel near the beach or close to it in the area
My husband although english speak perfect spanish so we will have no problems with the language ect we could just do with some ideas on the best way to do get to boca chica and where to stay ect

many thanks charlea

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Welcome to the board and congrats on your first post!

As far as accomodation goes, may I assume you are looking for an AI ? The big AI in Boca Chica is the Coral Hamaca and it is located beachfront.

I would suggest taking the Caribe Tours bus from Sosua to SD, taking a taxi to Parque Enriquillo, and then heading out on the bus to Boca Chica. Ask to be let off at the main intersection (Shell gas station) and get a taxi to the hotel.
There is always the option of a taxi all the way from Sosua but since you want to get out and experience the "real DR", I suggest the bus, and way more cost effective.

Good luck and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.