Looking for Love in all the wrong places?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
So the question appears in many posts...
"Why not find love in your own back yard?"

You must be hideous, Fat, old, an ogre monster, too ugly for anyone to want to be with you....come on let?s get real.

Why do we look for Love Period? Possibly because we are lonely? or need some affection?

For me it's one thing..it's not love it's infatuation, and it's over as quick as it started.

I don?t mean to offend the men of my Country, I love Canada...I like hockey, I don?t like the rodeo and never will... I'm just in the wrong place...this is not where I should be in my life, therefore real physical attraction and chemistry are a mystery, they don?t happen too often, there are a few Latin clubs...and it's mostly a Mexican vibe...5'0 is a little too short for me!

I don?t restrict myself to Latin Lovers only! But I find them to be most enjoyable!

We all have something in common here OUR Love for Dominican Republic.

Last edited:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
"Why not find love in your own back yard?"

You must be hideous, Fat, old, an ogre monster, too ugly for anyone to want to be with you....come on let’s get real.

Why do we look for Love Period? Possibly because we are lonely? or need some affection?

For me it's one thing..it's not love it's infatuation, and it's over as quick as it started.

I don’t mean to offend the men of my Country, I love Canada...I like hockey, I don’t like the rodeo and never will... I'm just in the wrong place...this is not where I should be in my life, therefore real physical attraction and chemistry are a mystery, they don’t happen too often, there are a few Latin clubs...and it's mostly a Mexican vibe...5'0 is a little too short for me!

I don’t restrict myself to Latin Lovers only! But I find them to be most enjoyable!

Not in Montreal, The latin clubs are full of latinos from everywhere not Mexico though and usually the men dance with the latinas. They are already here they don't need a visa but they all know about the sanky thing. Have a talk with some of them you'll be surprised.

jetti

Aug 25, 2008
"
I don?t mean to offend the men of my Country, I love Canada...I like hockey, I don?t like the rodeo and never will... I'm just in the wrong place...this is not where I should be in my life, therefore real physical attraction and chemistry are a mystery, they don?t happen too often, there are a few Latin clubs...and it's mostly a Mexican vibe...5'0 is a little too short for me!

I don?t restrict myself to Latin Lovers only! But I find them to be most enjoyable!

Lapurr I agree with you on this 100%. I dont live in canada but we have the same problem with a lot of the latin clubs here in the US.

I have always been attracted to mostly Latin Lovers whether here in the states or on vacation in the DR.

and as far as the question "looking for love in all the wrong places?" can someone tell me where the "right" place to look would be? some people can find long lasting love in a library, grocery store, mall, club at home, club in DR and some cant.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Not in Montreal, The latin clubs are full of latinos from everywhere not Mexico though and usually the men dance with the latinas. They are already here they don't need a visa but they all know about the sanky thing. Have a talk with some of them you'll be surprised.

Def not many mexicans here ;)

Montreal is a little different than the rest of Canada, I believe Lapurr is from Calgary. I was there last week...no latinos there ;) So her comment is probably on point.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Def not many mexicans here ;)

Montreal is a little different than the rest of Canada, I believe Lapurr is from Calgary. I was there last week...no latinos there ;) So her comment is probably on point.

yup good ol' Cowtown!! Too bad, we got have gotten together for a drink!:bunny:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I have met a few Cubans, they are wonderful people and very hard workers...My very close friend Married a Cuban and has 3 beautiful children...Straight from Havana....Also not an easy task bringing him here! But she found it...she found love, Married for almost 10 years, and are still in love!

Jetti, I dont know where the right place is...I wish i did!! I'd send you the directions!!

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
mariage with his own kind is called incest
in the home country of my grand parents(algeria)you could never get married outside your own village!
thanks god the world seems a smaller place,where people of different culture/race/religion get married and get on with that!
if some people thinks only old fat woman get married with dominican because they cant find anybody in their countries is a lack of intelligence!
a member of this forum told me on mp that i was dating a rat and i was a trailer trash to come here in dr to get married,never mind !!

lachicadelaplaya

Mar 11, 2008
Why not somebody from my own country ?
Great subject, it's about time.
Why people always say that it must be because we are ugly, fat, etc... I never had problem getting dates here

First : Para los gustos, hicieron los colores !
Some people prefers blonds skinny, others likes tall men, somes are heterosexual others are homosexual, This is just preferences nobody can argue on that !!!!
I'm attrated to the ?prieto? he could of originate from Cuba, Panama, Ha?ti, France or from my own country (i would of prefer of course lol ), but I falled in love with a dominican in his own country.

Second : Love is a pretty powerfull thing that you just cannot control so there's no reason asking why you didn't choose ....
Do you guys pass interviews to find your soulmate ?
Can we choose where we fall in love ? I would of like to know before lol !
Can we choose who we fall in love with ? ..THAT i WOULD CHANGE LOL !!
those are just things that happens, it's called destiny for me, god's will for others

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
a member of this forum told me on mp that i was dating a rat and i was a trailer trash to come here in dr to get married,never mind !!

I'm sorry that people are so ignorant, and have nothing better to do than insult others!! It could be that they have been Hurt in the past and still have so much anger they take it out on you!!

regardless of what people say, you make your own decisions and deal with the consequences, so be it!

I wish you all the best!! So May i ask, how different are Algerian men next to Dominican men?

What does the Dominican man have that Algerian man does not?

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
yup good ol' Cowtown!! Too bad, we got have gotten together for a drink!:bunny:

Girl, I'll be back soon. I have a work project going on there for the next 6 months! Maybe you could point me to the cowboys, I couldn't find any :ermm:

Desperately seeking a cowboy,
Montreal ;)

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
I'm sorry that people are so ignorant, and have nothing better to do than insult others!! It could be that they have been Hurt in the past and still have so much anger they take it out on you!!

regardless of what people say, you make your own decisions and deal with the consequences, so be it!

I wish you all the best!! So May i ask, how different are Algerian men next to Dominican men?

What does the Dominican man have that Algerian man does not?
algerian and dominican have so much in commun !
culture are very similar,except algerian are muslim so stricter but so much in commun!
i got married very young to algerian and it was awful,we had nothing in commun,my family hated him!
i got married again to a dominican and i dont want to talk about my relation on this forum for all the reason you know(sankies,blabla,he is using you) but one thing my family adore him,the rest as you say i will deal with the consequence myself if i made a mistake!

Last edited:

lachicadelaplaya

Mar 11, 2008
Because they were once a sanky or sankette before, and some other fool brought them up there.
wow so every dominican that knows about sanky stuff was one before ...love your logic..so if I understand correctly your way of thinking all dominicans both female and male are sankies :tired:
Did you know that not all dominicans that live out of the island got there because they married somebody.
And if they did marry with love, had children but it didn't work at the end in the relationship : it automaticly means that it was a sanky/sankiette ???
What's that ?!? People get divorced even if they are married with one from their own country

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
ah ah well say chicadelaplaya
sometime the logical of some human make me laugh
if it doesnt work dont make the person a sanky,punto!
why not say dominican of lower social classe need to be destroyed and it will be more direct bad piece!
honestly im so proud of the man i married than all the odds saying it willl fail doesnt bother me!
im happy !!!!!and doesnt matter how long will it last it is a fantastic experience and no im not fat old and ugly and yes i can get a man back home,but i felt in love with a dominican and so what!
and for the little fat man who told on mp that my husband will never accepted in santiago,too bad he went there many times!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The difference

is that us men go to DR, play around, and then we come home!!!!

You women want to bring the men with you and then come to DR1 to cry about it when it does not work out.:bored::tired:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
ok ok!
woman are evil and mens are so fantastic!!

Never said that!!!!

It is just that women need to learn to have fun and leave it at that.

Falling in lust does not count. Too many feelings get hurt while your perfect man has been given a gift that many want.

A way out!!!!!!

I will leave it at that. Just a friendly conversation. Please dont get your feathers ruffled. It is not worth it. Just my opinion.

When I decide to make a life with a person I really love, it will NOT be an oversea's relationship.

Just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.;)