help on deciding where to stay

Jayshiznit

Apr 5, 2007
Hi all -

hope all of you are doing well -

My gf and I are trying to go to DR -Punta Cana some time in Febraury but we're having a hard time deciding were to stay...I'm dominican and she's Polish; moreover, i've been there and i want her to have a good time & preception of DR. All hotes/resorts appear beautiful but my decision is influenced by some bad reviews. I was liking paradisus punta cana resort and excellence but dont know.. Any suggestions..Dates are 2/11 to 2/15 (2/14 is her bday)- Btw, i may propose..

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi all -

hope all of you are doing well -

My gf and I are trying to go to DR -Punta Cana some time in Febraury but we're having a hard time deciding were to stay...I'm dominican and she's Polish; moreover, i've been there and i want her to have a good time & preception of DR. All hotes/resorts appear beautiful but my decision is influenced by some bad reviews. I was liking paradisus punta cana resort and excellence but dont know.. Any suggestions..Dates are 2/11 to 2/15 (2/14 is her bday)- Btw, i may propose..

Excellence is the best one. Adult and couples only it's a remote spot though

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Excellence is a great resort, but it is located in an isolated area far from everything. not a good idea if you want to show punta cana to your gf.
Paradisus is nice, but there are at least 4 new resorts better than paradisus with better prices.
I am dominican too, PM and i will let you know the best resorts for what you are looking for.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that you mentioned paradisus punta cana and the excellence brings me to the conclusion that you are looking for something upscaled and romantic, not a youngguns spring break destin.
correct me if i got your OP wrong, then you could dismiss my recoms right away.
if you look for a real adults only spot, where your gal really get's pampered, the excellence will be the place to go. yes, it is located an extra 35 driving minutes from the airport in uvero alto, but an extra 35 minutes should not make the difference.
the neg up there:
nothing nearby to leave the resort for some speacial action, show the GF the whole PC area or such, the excellence is the place to stay when you do not want to have anything else bothering your romantic adults only vaca.
the paradisus punta cana is in case of age a bit outdated, but by far not in case of it's still provided top services. here the location is right at the plaza bavaro, near the disco's areito and mangu, so a off resort stroll is anytime possible without the need of a long cabby ride.
in the same price range i would recommend to take also a look on the paradisus palam real and on the EdenH, both more close to the off resort action, and both located at the many level's better/more beautiful/quiet calm waters beach.
hey buddy,
you show your gal your country,
it is a great beautiful country
go ahead and have fun
Mike

Jayshiznit

Apr 5, 2007
that you mentioned paradisus punta cana and the excellence brings me to the conclusion that you are looking for something upscaled and romantic, not a youngguns spring break destin.
correct me if i got your OP wrong, then you could dismiss my recoms right away.
if you look for a real adults only spot, where your gal really get's pampered, the excellence will be the place to go. yes, it is located an extra 35 driving minutes from the airport in uvero alto, but an extra 35 minutes should not make the difference.
the neg up there:
nothing nearby to leave the resort for some speacial action, show the GF the whole PC area or such, the excellence is the place to stay when you do not want to have anything else bothering your romantic adults only vaca.
the paradisus punta cana is in case of age a bit outdated, but by far not in case of it's still provided top services. here the location is right at the plaza bavaro, near the disco's areito and mangu, so a off resort stroll is anytime possible without the need of a long cabby ride.
in the same price range i would recommend to take also a look on the paradisus palam real and on the EdenH, both more close to the off resort action, and both located at the many level's better/more beautiful/quiet calm waters beach.
hey buddy,
you show your gal your country,
it is a great beautiful country
go ahead and have fun
Mike

No you got it it right..just pampered and upscale. Thank you all.