Products that we love from USA and cant be found here

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
sometimes we overpacked bringing lot of products from USA that in many cases can be found here in a large supermarket.
lets make a list of these products, so that can help us and visitors to find here, things that we miss from the states.

there are 3 products that I need an extra luggage when traveling in USA to bring it here (i am dominican).
CANS OF BBQ BAKE BEANS (I had look here any where and never found it)
AXE bath gel (women love it here, after i take a shower with AXE I had to be prepared to have sex. all the ladies wants to eat me)
PANANG CURRY PASTE (thai sauce)
LEAN BODY protein bars (just too expensive here)

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Dominicans look at me like I'm nuts

When I ask for guacamole. All these wonderful avocados dripping off the trees and and no restaurant has chips and guacamole, go figure.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I should just move there.........

I'm the opposite, usually bringing stuff back to the states - cafe Santo Domingo, vanilla, cinnamon, Pepe Rozon pastelles, Barcelo Imperial, cheese and stuff from Bonao, art, music cds and fond memories.

When I go, I have been asked to bring; small electrodomesticos - cell phones/dvd players/xbox, lottsa money etc.

If there was one thing and only one thing I could take there it would be a 500 amp, 480 volt line right off a nuk plant in SoFlo;).

edm7583

May 29, 2007
you beat me to it.

Febreze! (and good air fresheners) Can't think of anything else that I can't find in the DR (at double or triple the price of my local wal-mart.)

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I think the purpose of this thread is to tell anybody where we can find some stuffs. so, if we are more specific with the products we are looking for, i think we can get better help. ie, brands

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I think the purpose of this thread is to tell anybody where we can find some stuffs. so, if we are more specific with the products we are looking for, i think we can get better help. ie, brands

Quote = Johnny;
AXE bath gel (women love it here, after i take a shower with AXE I had to be prepared to have sex. all the ladies wants to eat me)

So where can I buy a case of this, and what flavor do the women enjoy to eat? :bunny:

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
bermuda,
you can buy AXE in any drug store in USA, normally i buy it in win dixie or publix in florida
I use Click or Touch if you want to bring me some. lol

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
bermuda,
you can buy AXE in any drug store in USA, normally i buy it in win dixie or publix in florida
I use Click or Touch if you want to bring me some. lol

All kidding aside, I have seen the Axe line in underarm deodorant in the DR. Must get some, as I kind of like a nibble or two in that spot at times!:cheeky:

Has anyone ever purchased Lawrys Seasoning Salt in the DR?
In Bda. they put it on fries, micro wave popcorn and breaded chicken to name a few places.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I get mostly vitamins / supplements and protein powder, tools, how-to books and dvd's and so forth... and some lingerie for my girl and occasionally some computer parts. All mostly off e-bay.
Yes, there are things I miss in my fridge from most every country I have lived at too. From the US... it would be a juicy pink rare prime rib :p, from Ecuador a real ceviche de concha (raw) and BBQ'ed guinea pigs :bunny:. Most of the European stuff is available here.

... J-D.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Sometimes you have to go to out of the way places. For example: NELLO'S in Santo Domingo has items I have never seen anywhere else. It is a small butcher shop/ supermarket. They even have Chalet Suzannne canned soups. 809-565-7217. La Sierna started carring U.S. beef and Pork. The pork is cheaper than Dominican Pork and, I bought 1" center pork chops. Also the Rib Eyes are to die for. Yes, a little expensive but cheaper than eating out. Also try the chinese supermarkets you will find many items there. THE ONE THING I BITCH ABOUT IS THE PRICE OF TEA HERE. What is up with that ?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
No good hotdogs here. Get the beef nathen's hotdogs from Costco.
AZB