Cell Phone Cards

kudra

May 6, 2006
I will be at the Riu Bambu on Sunday for just a week. Does anyone know where the closest place is to purchase a sim card for my phone? I can"t remember where I bought one the last time I was there. I am also interested in buying some good rum and tequilla - any suggestions?

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
There is an Orange phone shop in Fruisia - close to the intersection where the Texaco gas station is. Long walk from the RIU but bus or cab will get you there.

Chateau

Aug 23, 2010
I will be at the Riu Bambu on Sunday for just a week. Does anyone know where the closest place is to purchase a sim card for my phone? I can"t remember where I bought one the last time I was there. I am also interested in buying some good rum and tequilla - any suggestions?

SIM cards can be purchased in the shop at the top of Caribbean Street onthe right hand side coming from the beach. You can also top up there on Orange or Claro. The guys there are very helpful and speak reasonable English . They also stock some very good quality rum and other spirits. An alternative for the drinks could well be the new Iberia supermarket which is a short taxi ride away.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It has been almost four years, so I guess he found a Sim card by now.