Hi

theman

Aug 25, 2008
I really consider moving to the DR, North Coast,Anywhere between Puerto Plata and Cabarete. Where's the safest place to have a house. I'm thiking about getting a house between 250-350k US, is that anough to really have a SAFE place, I have kids and their safety is my first priority. I was looking at sea horse ranch Villa, but they are a bit too expensive for me, but I like the place, is there any other place like that with cheaper house?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I really consider moving to the DR, North Coast,Anywhere between Puerto Plata and Cabarete. Where's the safest place to have a house. I'm thiking about getting a house between 250-350k US, is that anough to really have a SAFE place, I have kids and their safety is my first priority. I was looking at sea horse ranch Villa, but they are a bit too expensive for me, but I like the place, is there any other place like that with cheaper house?

Check in Cabrera. The real estate is much more reasonable. There is a solid international school there and a growing ex-pat community.

Playa Grande Real Estate Investments; Dominican Republic Real Estate and Playa Grande Property for Sale

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are brand new 2 and 3 bedroom condos for sale and rent in Cofresi, fenced in with security and generators, behind Chris and Mady's Restaurant, I forgot the name of the development though. They are in your price range. Call Hugh Bell from Codwell Banker at 829-901 6820

theman

Aug 25, 2008
There are brand new 2 and 3 bedroom condos for sale and rent in Cofresi, fenced in with security and generators, behind Chris and Mady's Restaurant, I forgot the name of the development though. They are in your price range. Call Hugh Bell from Codwell Banker at 829-901 6820

Thank you but I dont want a condo, I want a villa(house) . I plan on visit in march to visit some propreties.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you could try mine its for sale with dr1 real estate...just in your price range with six bedrooms and pool- actually its not listed yet but Im sure it will be soon ;-)

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
In my opinion, do NOT buy from a developer, you will be in a north american or european style housing estate, the security will sound great with guards all over the place mostly it seems to me in league with crooks and some members of the police, the individual house security will be rubbish, the price will be a rip off, the developer will make a lot of money most of which will not remain in the RD. Here in LT the majority of robberies are from such houses. Ask around, buy your own piece of land and get get a local dominican to build to your specification dominican style. The first house I was invo;ved with here cost over US$100,000, it looked lovely but it was mediteranean style, hot as hell, started dropping to pieces after one year,had electric!!! water heating and was totally unsuitable, we had a developer , who spent most of his time on a yacht, a maestro who turned up in an expensive car once a week, made us pay for materials which turned out to be hopelessly over ordered and took the surplus for his own use. He took nearly two years to build.
Now we have a house that is exactly to our specifications, dominican built, 5 bedrooms, pool, excellent security and cost around US$ 40,000, including the land.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

With this huge amount of available cash you will be able to take practically any house that you wish , except so far SHR. And if you wait another ten - twelve months your chances to get a super-duper deal should be ten folds higher with growing value of dollar and declining Euro, PS and canuk.

Curt is a correct way to begin your search.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
do you have any plans of the domincan style house you are talking about- Im interested to know the difference as Ive been in some medditerranean style ones which seem quite hot like you said

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Since you have children, you need to think about schools as well. The Sosua area has terriffic private schools. Check out Casa Linda and Perla Marina - both are safe an affordable. - D

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Thx alot everybody for all the info, I'll keep everything in mind, I also received a couple of PM. I think I found something nice, will check it out on my next trip in Sosua.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
dominican houses

Hola JR Hartley. No i have no designs or plans for a dominican house. I found the best way was to sketch out on a piece of paper what I think we wanted and then discuss it with the builder. This worked fine, some of our ideas made sense but where they didn?t the builder made his suggestion.