Something different for the masses...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
It is quite chilly today in NYC. I just uploaded some images of my DR vacation and wanted to share with you all. In looking at the pics makes me want to be there right now. :cheeky:

Hope you enjoy. And if you can, please critique the photos as I am looking for input on my retaken hobbie - photography.

Vacation in the Dominican Republic Sep 08 - a set on Flickr

DRsherry

Dec 20, 2005
Pics!!

Hi El Tigre,,,,my late husband was a photographer and from what I can see of your photos they are stunning . Great job!! You do seem to have an eye for the beauty of the Dominican Republic.You definately took up something you love b/c it shows in your photos . Keep up the great work !!!! ............ DR SHERRY!

Mar 2, 2008
It's cold and windy here in NH as well.

Those are great pictures El Tigre. You have a real gift.

Thanks for letting us in on your talent. Mucho gracias!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Stunning!

Very nice images. I didn't know you were so talented. Where did you go? The beach and water looks so clean. The gathering of the people, was that a church service?

Thanks for sharing!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Flickr tells you which camera was used on the right-hand side, under additional information, in this case a Canon EOS 40D

JRMirador

Snap!
Oct 15, 2008
Las Lomas de Azua
Tigre, those are great pics indeed. They're al great, but there was one in particular that reminded me of one I took recently (of course, not pretending to outdo your excellent photography, much less with my Kodak Instamatic). It's a royal palm (palma real) with a twist...

2u9sehu.jpg

Sep 19, 2005
Tigre, those are great pics indeed. They're al great, but there was one in particular that reminded me of one I took recently (of course, not pretending to outdo your excellent photography, much less with my Kodak Instamatic). It's a royal palm (palma real) with a twist...

2u9sehu.jpg

that must have been one mean hurricane.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corona should use that in one of their comercials

bad bad bob

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
WOW is all I can say absoluteley amazing pictures!! It sure warmed me up this morning having my coffee here in chilly Canada. What a nice way to wake up :) Thank You for sharing your great shots and I agree that you have a gift for taking photos!!

Lizzard :)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks all for commenting on my pics and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

JD - like Chiri said it was with a 40D. I have many different lenses but for some reason I found myself using my ultra wide canon 10-22MM quite a lot. It's just a great walk-around lens. The only thing I used for the beach shots was a circular polorizer. There was very minimal touch up done on adobe photoshop. No addition of color, nothing. Only thing I did was increase or decrease the exposure accordingly in some shots (not all).

Again - thanks all for looking :)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I gotta say these are pretty nice pics!

thanks for sharing

JRMirador

Snap!
Oct 15, 2008
Las Lomas de Azua
Not trying to grandstand or distract from Tigre's unquestionable professional photografic merits, I'm taking the liberty (isen't that what's it all about ...;-) to include a pic taken recently by my daughter Angela (13), also inspired on a similar one posted by Tigre. This pic and the previous one (twisted royal palm) were taken on my property in Las Lomas de Azua.

j5bcyf.jpg

Sep 19, 2005
well all love photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex, thanks for posting.....

but you make us all feel bad about our own photos

if only it were so easy as to go buy your camera!! ha ha

bad bad bob