closest hotels to Nunez

Sep 19, 2005
can you folks tell me the hotels around Ave Nunez above or close to Parque Mirador?

Id rather not have to pay $100 per night , So you dont have to mention those that are even more than that.

id prefer to keep it below $75 per.....

plus any club info in that area...I guess mainly the ones i should BE careful off.....

thanks

bad bad bob

Sanation

May 21, 2007
There are a couple of hotels, but they may be out of your price range. There is the Occidental Embajador on Sarasota or you could try the Dominican Fiesta Hotel. The Fiesta has business rates starting at around US$60 per night. Could be worth a try.

Otherwise there is another hotel on Sarasota diagonally opposite the Embajador which could be cheaper. Does anyone know the name? If not, I can drive by and let you know.

I don't recall seeing any other hotels in that area...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's the Delta Aparthotel on Sarasota Ave. and yes, it was less than US$100 last time I checked. It's walking distance from the Churchill/Sarasota intersection - where there are several restaurants and bars, including the Bakkus jevito hangout. That particular stretch (between Delta and the intersection) happens to be frequented by ladies of the night, despite being a 'good' neighbourhood. Don't get a fright when you see the larger than life Santa and his camels, BTW.
Delta is also quite near Guacara Taina and El Meson de la Cava, and a short taxi ride from the Naco area and the Colonial Zone (in different directions) where there are plenty of nightclubs, restaurants etc.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
It's the Delta Aparthotel on Sarasota Ave. and yes, it was less than US$100 last time I checked. It's walking distance from the Churchill/Sarasota intersection - where there are several restaurants and bars, including the Bakkus jevito hangout. That particular stretch (between Delta and the intersection) happens to be frequented by ladies of the night, despite being a 'good' neighbourhood. Don't get a fright when you see the larger than life Santa and his camels, BTW.
Delta is also quite near Guacara Taina and El Meson de la Cava, and a short taxi ride from the Naco area and the Colonial Zone (in different directions) where there are plenty of nightclubs, restaurants etc.

That's the one I was thinking of - thanks Chirimoya! :cheeky:

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Dominican fiesta is a good hotel, in parque mirador sur, and not far from nu?ez de caceres. as Sanation says, they have business rates around 60 dlls. you just have to call them and mention the name of the company. breakfast buffet is included.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Plenty of choices for less than 100.00 Quick look on Yahoo gave me, Clarion - 80.00, Melia - 85.00, Lina - 89.00, Jaragua - 99.00 and even the Courtyard is only 115.00

They are not walking disctance to Mirador, but still relatively close.

Sep 19, 2005
thanks saurezn, but I was thinking I would be getting some recomendations as well as just raw information. I could look up a ton of hotel info, and then try to correlate to the map and pare them down to a specific area, but I wouldnt know anything more...

i wouldnt know that one is full of hookers and the other is high class

bad bad bob