Outdoor Market

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
We have heard that there is an outdoor market in Puerta Plata twice a week possibly Tuesday and Wednesday. We understand not a lot of Gringos go to this market but would be interested to know where it is. Any help greatly appreciated.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
We have heard that there is an outdoor market in Puerta Plata twice a week possibly Tuesday and Wednesday. We understand not a lot of Gringos go to this market but would be interested to know where it is. Any help greatly appreciated.

Every day.

Left turn before Mountain View (former chica place).

Very dirty and smelly with lots of flies if you mind. I do not mind. I am not spoiled.

Good deals on fresh produce, smoked animals and honey ( but Hillbilly is better deal if you can ask him in a proper respectful way!)

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
La Pulga?

Are you talking about the outdoor food market or the Flea Market called La Pulga?
La Pulga is open Tuesdays and Wednesday and a 5 minute walk from Mountain View Hotel on the same road.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Its an experience for the more confident AI traveler – nice way to spend a couple of hours looking around the market and experience something different from “home”.

I personally prefer the one in Santiago – much bigger even less gringos – same stuff but more exciting!

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Are you talking about the outdoor food market or the Flea Market called La Pulga?
La Pulga is open Tuesdays and Wednesday and a 5 minute walk from Mountain View Hotel on the same road.

Yes, it was the flea market we were talking about. We will have a look at that next week, cheers