Streets of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi

I need to come to Sosua about 4:30 and thought I'd be fine until the skies opened up.

Yesterday the roads were flooded, especially by Playero?

Can anyone tell me what they're like right now?

Thanks
Ro

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Passed thru @3pm from POP ,Playero area is a challenge lots of flooded sections on Rte#5, be cautious.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, Abuela. The rain seems to have subsided, hopefully for awhile so the water can go away.

Look forward to our paths crossing in town soon.

Regards
Ro

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just got back from Pizza Hut and had to walk through 8'' of water to get to my apartment and yes it's still raining

Mar 2, 2008
Why moan - a wet day in Sosua is better than a cold day in Bristol UK!

Amen brother!

It's just like taking a warm shower on a Sunday afternoon. Anyone complaining about the rain in Sosua is invited to spend this winter in NH.

When I get there for good, you won't hear a peep out of me about the rain.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You can blame the weather on Rio - she arrived from UK the day before yesterday. :cheeky:

Be advised that if you're visiting the independent collective of Bayardo, Puerto Plata flippers and a snorkel would come in handy. :)

Mar 2, 2008
If Rio is in town, she has much better things to do than worry about a little rain. Inside or outside, I'm sure she is having a great time. Good for her!

Enjoy yourself Rio!

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
You are so right i am in England at the moment, been here for 4 weeks i cant wait to get back to the warm rain, roll on wednesday so i can leave the frost and rain here tonight the forcast is minus 10 ;)

FG34

Oct 31, 2008
hi
i'm bored, not complaining about the rain at all.
it's 8.15 and it didn't stop all day long.
i dont want to offense anyone, but i'm a guy looking for another.
someone know a place in Sosua.
thanks

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
This thread has taken a weird twist – but I would suggest your biggest choice would be in POP by El Bohem / Yellowbeards junction. Big selection that way my friend.

There is however a large puddle to negotiate……when it rains.

Minus 3 here in Bristol :-(

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
What about the lagoon in back of Punta Goleta, La Cienega, Costa Azul. This [Lagoon] does not empty out any more, due to over development, under planning. People have two, to three ft. of water in there house. Septic tanks are full and not working. not a healthy thing. When Typhus, Dengue, Malaria break out.You can say you read it here first. The Government will just say. Oh they.[the poor] shouldn't have built there. When they start up new sewer plant? Good question when? But when they due? they plan to put those millions of gallons of treated black water into the lagoon. Oh well! I will carry on like nothing is going on. leave my car parked till the Lagoon goes down in April. Three ft of water to get out.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
today is fine and sunny so far .....Im afraid I can't tell you about the rest of the week as it hasnt happened yet

Status
Not open for further replies.