Which resort is better Majestic Elegance or Moon Palace for June 09

shirl001

Oct 31, 2008
We are planning our vacation to Punta Cana for first time in June 09 with two boys (9 and 12). Which resort has better beach and facilities Majestic Elegance or Moon Palace?

Thanks,

Shirley

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Tough question to answer as neither resort is yet open.

Majestic Elegance is a step up from the well established and well rated Majestic Colonial next door (I've enjoyed that resort twice so far) and is due to open on Nov. 14th. Everything should be completely ready within a couple of months of the opening date. Here are pictures as of Oct. 30th:

Majestic Elegance Oct 30th Mike Fisher Tour pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Moon Palace is owned by the very well respected Mexican owned Palace Resorts BUT they have been struggling to open and have repeatedly missed announced opening dates for almost a year now. It is expected that at least part of the resort will open on the latest announced date, Jan. 1, 2009 but it is anyone's guess how much of the resort will open and how long until it will be totally open. I do know it will be spectacular when it is finally finished as I toured it a year ago.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Gregg

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Visited Moon Palace in Cancun with a group of 30 not long ago. Everyone, without exception, is ready to go back for another week. If the same is offered in the DR, we will change our yearly getaway and I, for one, will be at home.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Moon Palace will be a gogeous huge city when finally finished, WHEN finally finished. it doesn't look like such may happen very soon.
IF they open anything during january or february 2009 it will be a small piece within a huge construction site.
The Elegance will open november 14th, i've been there for a private tour yesterday, looks just amazing. not all amenities will be ready on opening day nov 14th 2008, but it will be completely running for christmas 2008, so no prob for your upcoming visit.
happy travel
Mike