Trace vs. Trojan

Oct 23, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am a new to this country and had a question. Perhaps some of you have plenty of experience to guide me through this process. I am contemplating to buy 4 batteries and 1 inverter. I have already decided to get the Trace inverter. As for the batteries, should I go for a Trojan , or a Trace? Are they both nearly equals?

Please help.

Thanks. :)

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Trojan battery

We put a post on here about batteries a couple of weeks ago. Trojan seem the favourite and we got the reds, they are working fine. Bought them in Sosua and they delivered and fitted them no problem.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Hello everyone,

I am a new to this country and had a question. Perhaps some of you have plenty of experience to guide me through this process. I am contemplating to buy 4 batteries and 1 inverter. I have already decided to get the Trace inverter. As for the batteries, should I go for a Trojan , or a Trace? Are they both nearly equals?

Please help.

Thanks. :)

My suggestion, Xantrex Sine Wave

Xantrex Prosine 2.5,2.5Kw Sine Wave Inverter/Charger - eBay (item 220303586136 end time Nov-08-08 22:10:02 PST)

track

Sep 6, 2008
If you want quality, try Outback Power Inverter.

Battery, Rolls Battery.

Don't forget to have a Onan with Cumin Engine as a BackUp to the Back Up inverter. With the new Blackouts, I think we should start thinking on Back Up Generator.

LOL:paranoid:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Couple of things...

The Trace inverters you see here are not actually the "real" trace inverters.
Look close and you will see they say "Trace International" a locally made inverter.
Trace changed their name a few years ago and are now called "Xantrex".

Xantrex Technology Inc.

I use Trojan batteries and they work fine, never had a problem.

Trojan Battery Company

That is misleading, those Trace International inverters are in fact Xantrex inverters with the labels taken off due to the public demanding the Trace brand when it was changed to Xantrex. People were rejecting that Xantrex brand like if it was the plague (didn?t knew that brand) so JH the owner of Trace International started changing the label to Trace.

Xantrex knows that and is OK with it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I stand corrected. Everything I have heard from people I know in the inverter business tell me it's a locally made product.

Didn't they have a lawsuit going at one time over their continued use of the name "Trace International"?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I have a generic Inverted made from US parts and have been working hard for 3 years now. With 6 Interstate Elite energy bateries..no problems with them.

track

Sep 6, 2008
I stand corrected. Everything I have heard from people I know in the inverter business tell me it's a locally made product.

Didn't they have a lawsuit going at one time over their continued use of the name "Trace International"?

I think they did.

Xantrex inverters at some point where manufacturer in the Free Zone. They had problems at custom and I think the company ran out of business because the DR fine was very high. It was a scandal with the imported whisky or something.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I don?t recall a lawsuit regarding the name Trace International, Xantrex had the right for the name Trace so they just didn?t care as long as the product was sold masivelly.

Trace International did have problems with Aduanas (customs) due to the Xantrex inverters beeing manufactured in the free zone here in DR. Then they would ship it to Miami and re-import it back. They had to pay customs US$1 Million in back payments and fines.

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
We put a post on here about batteries a couple of weeks ago. Trojan seem the favourite and we got the reds, they are working fine. Bought them in Sosua and they delivered and fitted them
Was the shop you bought them from on the RHS as you travel from Sosua to Sosua Abajo?
Could you let me know the prices and the fitting charge?