Temp residence expired, waiting on permanent one

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Our question is..... What can we expect to be charged when we leave the airport without our new permanent residence card? Our temp card expired on our birthdays this year. So should we expect to pay from the time our temp card expired to the date we leave or from our last passport stamp showing entry into the Dominican Republic? I'm not sure if a letter from the lawyer will help or not. thanks in advance for your help. Phil

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Just show them the original of the letter issued by the immigration department which states that you provided all necessary documentation and paid the fees in order to start the process of your permanent residency.
Have a copy ready to leave it with the inspector.

I did this for about 6 months (yes, half a year!!!) and was good enough to leave the country wihout paying fines and good enough to reenter without buying a tourist card. That was a while ago but others tell me it still works that way.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks Lambada and mido. All I have in the way of paperwork is a receipt from our lawyer showing we have paid her half of the total fee. Don't think that would help. Waiting to hear form our lawyer on an appropriate letter that we can present to immigration. thanks for your help Phil

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
IF your lawyer has deposited the papers with Migracion, she should have received a one page sheet with a number on it, which acknowledges documentation has been deposited. It is THAT which you need for leaving & entering. Your lawyer should let you have that and you take multiple copies & return the original to her. If she hasn't deposited your papers yet..........you and your lawyer had better have a chat!