D.R. fund that pays 5% per month???

DaveJohnson

Sep 30, 2008
A friend of mine writes about Costa Rica and a fund that he was in there. Does anyone know if a fund exists in the D.R. which pays 5% a month? I know it sounds like a lot by ones like this do exist. If anyone knows anything about a private fund in the D.R. which pays 3% to 5% per month please contact me by private message.

----------------- my friend writes --------------------

"I already lost a sizable nest egg here (Costa Rica) in a private fund that was illegally seized by this ridiculous excuse for a country back in 2002 and that's a long story I'm not going to go into. But let's just say they were in business for 23 years before the government decided to "help." One of the owners of the company was railroaded into jail by a kangaroo kort. He trusted in the integrity of the kort system here and he cooperated fully, knowing he had done nothing wrong, and this is how he was rewarded, with basically a life sentence in jail due to his
advanced age. :eek:gre:

BTW, I have heard there are such LEGITIMATE funds in the DR, but you probably need a letter of intro. to them. See if you can sniff one out. I had heard the one in DR pays 5%/mo. whereas the one here paid only 3%. But I am only interested in such a fund that has been in existence for more than 10 years. " :squareeye

================

Can anyone help? Please contact me by private message if you
know about a fund that pays a lot per month. These are good for a passive income if they are genuine and not scams. :ninja:

Thanks, Dave :glasses:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
A friend of mine writes about Costa Rica and a fund that he was in there. Does anyone know if a fund exists in the D.R. which pays 5% a month? I know it sounds like a lot by ones like this do exist. If anyone knows anything about a private fund in the D.R. which pays 3% to 5% per month please contact me by private message.

"I already lost a sizable nest egg here (Costa Rica) in a private fund that was illegally seized by this ridiculous excuse for a country back in 2002 and that's a long story I'm not going to go into. But let's just say they were in business for 23 years before the government decided to "help." One of the owners of the company was railroaded into jail by a kangaroo kort. He trusted in the integrity of the kort system here and he cooperated fully, knowing he had done nothing wrong, and this is how he was rewarded, with basically a life sentence in jail due to his

BTW, I have heard there are such LEGITIMATE funds in the DR, but you probably need a letter of intro. to them. See if you can sniff one out. I had heard the one in DR pays 5%/mo. whereas the one here paid only 3%. But I am only interested in such a fund that has been in existence for more than 10 years. " :squareeye

================

know about a fund that pays a lot per month. These are good for a passive income if they are genuine and not scams. :ninja:

Hi yield equals high risk.

The " Brothers " from Costa Rica were running a scam and laundering drug money and that is why one brother is in jail and the other is a fugitive.

Don't be so desperate and diversify.

Slow and steady wins the race, or in other words don't put all of your chips on "00" if you are playing roulette.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

================

So, your 'friend' didn't learn from already losing a sizeable nest-egg? As Mike l says Osvaldo Villalobos is doing 18 years (see top of page here & then scroll two-thirds of way down)
A.M. Costa Rica: Your English language daily news source

There are NO legitimate funds paying that amount now in DR. About 12 years ago you could get 5% a month by street lending - NOT an activity for a gringo. You wouldn't want to know how the penalties were imposed............ Street lending rates are still significantly higher than finance houses & banks but you should not involve yourself in this unless you are Dominican & know what you are doing. There have also been recent suggestions that some of this activity has now come under the aegis of more organised illegal activity.

Unfortunately, you have invited people to contact you by PM which opens up the potential for all manner of scammers so let me wish you the best of luck with that! :cheeky: I'm afraid that posting in the legal forum (why?) will not magically protect you.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Oh good, I am happy to read that I am not the only one thinking this is odd.

"I already lost a sizable nest egg here [in Costa Rica]..." and now I would like to lose the rest of my money.

I guess some people just have more money than they need, eh?

How about investing in my personal retirement fund? After I die I promise to pay you back with interest! Honest!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Oh good, I am happy to read that I am not the only one thinking this is odd.

"I already lost a sizable nest egg here [in Costa Rica]..." and now I would like to lose the rest of my money.

Could be a gullibility post or could be someone trying to sniff out the shady dealers or it could be someone trying to join the shady dealers.............:cheeky: I suppose at a stretch it could even be the missing Villalobos brother :laugh:
VILLALOBOS CAMACHO, LUIS ENRIQUE