Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Greatest thing?? you must be drunk on brugal. anyway here you go:

1308829722_e0ed088f46.jpg

2591493820_e3a450a848.jpg

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Can you tell us what is in it or recipe. Looks like great hangover food;)

It's fries with ground beef or chicken covered with mayo, ketchup and melted swiss cheese.

Not my type of food. Only ate this once and never again.

Sep 19, 2005
thats what I bought at the parking lot below the monument once...what junk...
it is like some of those vendors will just throw anything together to make some concoction to have a sale...

I think the vendors just go to the back of the nicer resturants and scoop up the leftovers, heat them up smother it will ketchup and mayo and cover it will a layer of cheese so you cant see what you will be eating ha ha ha...

the fries are cheap filler ha ha ha

I have also had burritos late at night from those same vendors.. and i cant really tell you what is in it....i think they do the same thing ha ha ha

PS: Tigre...i seriously doubt that the cheese is swiss, in the DR!!

bad bob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
yaroa is a heart attack waiting to happen. Better to try a salchipapa or just a hotdog a la dominicana.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
In case anyone's interested. Los locos d'enfrente (aka The Steakhouse, BarBake) on the Callejon de La loma road in Cabarete, serves a few different variations of Poutine...

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
In case anyone's interested. Los locos d'enfrente (aka The Steakhouse, BarBake) on the Callejon de La loma road in Cabarete, serves a few different variations of Poutine...

What kind ?? In Montreal, at Le Pied de Cochon, they serve poutine au foie de canard.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Yaroa is really good, I can?t inderstand how some people would reject it, it is way better than a fritura of bofe and entresijos, that?s for sure...

A shame that nobody sell Yaroa in Santo Domingo.

Sep 19, 2005
that stuff in the photo Aftab posted, gives new meaning to the term JUNK FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now throw in less than adequate hygene and cleanliness...and you get something out of this world!! ha ha ha

bad bob

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I hate to sound difficult, but there is only one kind of poutine. Once u throw something else in there...then it becomes yaroa ;)

I agree with you, to me a good poutine is fries, cheese(not any kind of cheese though) et sauce but it seems that people are asking for different kind of ''poutine'' like with chicken, spaghetti sauce, bechamelle.....

I love duck foie gras but in a poutine !!!! not for me.

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
damn look at these haters b. That **** is easily the greatest thing that has ever touched my tongue. aww man i wish i could replicate that! *cries*

anyone got other pics? :(