Transportation on Samana peninsula...?

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
Hello All,

I've already been advised that I should contact my hotel to have a driver pick us up at the El Catey for transport to the hotel in Las Naranjos.

After 3-4 days at this hotel we were going to change to a hotel in Las Galeras. I'm assuming we would be able to hire a driver/ taxi to take us to Las Galeras? And obviously we need to get from Las Galeras to El Catey for departure.

We do not want to rent a car, so need to figure out these important details.

Thank You!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Taxis should be available all over the peninsula, the hotels should be able to help you as well. another option is talk to the driver that picks you up and make a deal to keep him your entire stay. with that being said, do not pay him up front, pay at the end of each day or at the end of your stay. that way your aswsured he'll show up when you ask.

Good luck,

lt

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Hello faithie,
it?s no problem to find a taxi from AZS or from your hotel. But taxi drivers there are modern bandids, sometimes demanding the double of the regular price.

A taxi from AZS to Las Terrenas should be around 70$, from AZS to Las Galeras around 60$. It?s important to deal the price before getting into the cab.

Saludos

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
I'll make note of that, Thank You.

Any recomondation of hotels in Las Galeras?

Looking at El Sol Azul or Todo Blanco. Villa Serena looks great but a little pricey.

All suggestions welcome!