WIFE questions for Bavaro Princess - Punta cana

sdel65@hotmail.com

Oct 28, 2008
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone had a chance to use the WIFI with his/her own laptop in the Bavaro Princess resort in Punta Cana?

How much was it and where did it work?
We are flying there in December as the Platinum guests.

Also if anyone has info on the phone cards or cels to buy to be able to call from Punta Cana to Canada?

I'm a little concerned only with the phone cards as they may require specific pay phones and I'm not sure which pay phones are available at the Bavaro Princess Punta Cana?

Please assist with the information.
Thank you everyone in advance.

Sofia

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
With very little effort you may be able to find a "WIFE" at the Bavaro Princess. Getting her home may present more difficulty.

Feb 7, 2007
Also if anyone has info on the phone cards or cels to buy to be able to call from Punta Cana to Canada?

You can bring in your unlocked GSM phone and activate VIVA prepaid GSM account, cost per minute is about 6 pesos for calls to the USA and Canada, so that's about US$ 0.17 per minute, with one second increment billing. You can also make calls within the DR for the same low prices. VIVA is located in Plaza Progresso just off Friusa. I think the VIVA recharge card can be used a s a calling card as well, dialing a toll-free number to make outbound calls, without a cellphone, the prices should be low but not sure whether they are the same as cellphone call prices.

You can also buy a Codetel Communicard, in 50 pesos increments, and call from any public phone (not a hotel room phone) by dialing 1133 (toll free), entering the PIN number and dialing the destination number 1+X. Cost is about 10 pesos per minute, about US$0.28. You can buy these cards anywhere, colmados, supermarkets, call centers, and even on the street.

There is another calling card (the name I don't recall) which also uses toll-free access and you can make inexpensive calls to the DR and USA and Canada. The card can be bought in many colmados, supermarkets and call center in the Bavaro/PUJ area.

DGTEc offers TarjetaMas and TarjetaPrepagada, both claim to have low prices to USA and Canada, I am not sure what the prices are. Access code is 1122 and 1155 (toll free).

One thing to bear in mind is if you use calling cards, don't use your hotel room phone - they will charge you a hefty access fee. Better use public phones, or go to the street and use regular phones.