can dominican fly on a charter for the uk??

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
i talked to thomas cook in punta cana today regarding a flight one way and the guy was not sure if a dominican national with a valid visa for the uk could fly on this airline and he asked me to contact the british consulate,as usual te consulate doesnt take phone call!!
information on this subject will be welcome
thanks

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
i talked to thomas cook in punta cana today regarding a flight one way and the guy was not sure if a dominican national with a valid visa for the uk could fly on this airline and he asked me to contact the british consulate,as usual te consulate doesnt take phone call!!
information on this subject will be welcome
thanks

I flew in Jetairfly to Belgium, a charte fly company with a round trip ticket and got no issue, however I hold a double nationality US and Dominican.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am one of the first to jump all over the British Consulate when they do not give the service to British Ex-Pats that I feel they should but I have never found them wanting when it comes to answering the telephone during office hours. Did you call during the 2 hours for lunch time perhaps? Did you try calling after closing hours or during the weekend? Was the telephone number you were given an up-to-date one? I am NOT being sarcastic, just asking reasoned questions as I do not know the answers.

In my opinion it was wrong of the representative of Thomas Cook to refer you to the Consulate - being the CARRIER HE should have known the answer. If he did NOT know the answer, he should have checked with Puerto Plata office &/or Head Office in UK. In this way he would also have also learned the correct answer to give to the question when it arises again!! :ermm:

To the best of my knowledge, NO British Tour company is allowed to carry a Dominican one way INTO the United Kingdom unless that person has specific permission beforehand for extenuating circumstances (emergency health/compassionate grounds normally) but they will SOMETIMES make an exception for a spouse if travelling with the spouse. Obviously this ban will be over-ridden IF the Dominican has obtained a British Passport &/or normally resides in the UK.

May I respectfully suggest that you send an e-mail to Thomas Cook (& the other airlines flying direct to UK) to their respective Head Offices in the UK & layout any mitigating circumstances that you consider might influence their decision in your favour?

Good luck but do not expect a successful outcome ~ Grahame

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Transit Visa Important

You need a schedule flight will not get in on a charter
NOTE AIR FRANCE no transit visa required fly from D/R to Paris then to the UK
USA require a transit visa and Saint Martins check with airline if transit visa required or the person will not be allowed on the Plane

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
When next on-line 'google' (or other websearch) flight Punta Cana to Brussles & then do 'google' of Brussles-London (Gatwick, Heathrow or Luton).

Up should come a company called JetAir who do Puerto Plata-Punta Cana-Brussles. You then choose Puerto Plata or Punta Cana which ever you prefer. If you WANT to fly from Santo Doming, there IS a service to Spain. Then you just do the same 'googling' check for the airports in question! ~ Grahame.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
He will not need a visa being in transit in German. My husband travelled via Frankfurt and it was fine ;)

Reactions: AnnaC

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
do you know where can i book this ticket please ??
Book it ON-LINE! Go to the website & follow the instructions.

honestly i dont get a clue ,why our husband cannot go on a charter flight
Immigration Laws, Legalities & marketing agreements set by British Government, the Airlines, Tour Companies, Insurance Companies are just SOME of the reasons I am aware of. For the rest you will need to check with the Foreign Office in Whitehall (London). ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
i just to talked to thomsonfly in england and the lady checked for me with her management and apparently,if he got a valid visa to live in the uk he can travel with them!!
also i know a dominican living here who came with a charter
its very confusing!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i just to talked to thomsonfly in england and the lady checked for me with her management and apparently,if he got a valid visa to live in the uk he can travel with them!!
also i know a dominican living here who came with a charter
its very confusing!!

Well, if that is what Thomson say, get them to issue the ticket.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
i just to talked to thomsonfly in england and the lady checked for me with her management and apparently,if he got a valid visa to live in the uk he can travel with them!!!!
Did you get the names of who said this?

If you want ThomsonFly to commit themselves to this above comment YOU MUST GET IT IN WRITING! E-mail them & ask the question of the manager whom your 'lady' at ThomsonFly checked with & get them to send you an e-mail reply stating what circumstances allow a Dominican National to travel by charter flight to the UK. Please post the response here so that we may give correct information when someone asks this question again. ~ Grahame.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
ok in gonna try to contact thomsom again.because the conversation was done over the phone.
also my husband went to punta cana airport yesterday and he was given the number of the manager of thomas cook,im not sure exactly what he told him but apparently if they got seat next week he can get on the flight providing hes got a valid visa to live in england.im gonna give a call today
also i managed to get in touch with the british consulate in sd and she did not have a clue about charter,she said is up to the airline,the airline told me it was up to the consulate.
what a fantastic world,what i want is get my husband out of the country and also apparently he might need a visa for the transit he if goes via germany,france or spain!

Lloyd Littrell

Nov 26, 2008
RE : can dominican fly on a charter for the uk??

Hi,

you can contact them via email, don't you try this till? if he doesn't reply via telecommunication then you have to send them mail, and send your complain also to the owner of airline.if you want to travel any other place then Expedia Coupons can help you more.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
thanks but is too late and my husband had to travel via germany with air berlin very efficient company!!
in fact charter can allowed a dominican to fly but cant sell a ticket fromt there
so in order to travel they need to book a return from london and using the returning leg only!