Registering with the Canadian Embassy

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
I've been told that I should register with the Canadian embassy while I'm here in the Dominican Republic. So, I just wanted to know what documents that I would need to do so. I'm just planning on bringing my passport and birth certificate, which I think should be enough.

Also, am I able to register online, or do I need to make the trek to the embassy in SD? (I'm located in Santiago)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

I've been told that I should register with the Canadian embassy while I'm here in the Dominican Republic. So, I just wanted to know what documents that I would need to do so. I'm just planning on bringing my passport and birth certificate, which I think should be enough.

Also, am I able to register online, or do I need to make the trek to the embassy in SD? (I'm located in Santiago)

You can do it online and then contact the Canadian government office on arrival to activate it.

Registration of Canadians Abroad - Consular Affairs Bureau Web site - Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
When I register I always do it on line but never have to contact the government on arrival to activate it

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Thanks all! I registered online and was told my app was gone through and that I'll get a phone call soon to confirm all the info. It doens't seem that I'll have to travel at all.