Current Exchange Rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Hi all, I cannot find the thread that has the daily rate posted.
I am very excited to have one month to go for my 10 days in Cabarete.
Would also like to know what would be a nice propina for the woman who cleans the condo every second day. We would also like to tip the day watchman who is very helpful during our stays.
Cant wait for fun in the sun! : )
Sunny

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
It's been hovering around 34.5/1 to 35/1 at Caribe Express for a while now. Rates aren't as good at most of the little cambio houses in town.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
It's been hovering around 34.5/1 to 35/1 at Caribe Express for a while now. Rates aren't as good at most of the little cambio houses in town.

Hopefully with this unbelievable election victory of freedom and democracy dollar starts moving higher and faster.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Yesterday's rate at Caribe Express, which tends to be the best in Cabarete, was 34.9 to $1. During your trip, it will likely be in the range posted by CFA, maybe a little higher.

As for tips, keep in mind the maid and watchman probably make in the 6000-10000 pesos per month range, so they will definitely appreciate a little propina, but overdoing probably won't get the reaction you'd expect...you may also want to consider small gifts for the maid's children (if she doesn't have any most likely someone in her family does), same for the watchman...money's always nice, but at least with gifts, you know that they'll have something useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.