Indians???

Oct 23, 2008
I am looking to see if there are any Indians in this country and on this forum???

If yes, which part of India are you from? Just curious.

A response, or PM (If you do not wish to reveal your identity) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I am looking to see if there are any Indians in this country and on this forum???

If yes, which part of India are you from? Just curious.

A response, or PM (If you do not wish to reveal your identity) would be appreciated.

Thanks

I guess you mean Hindus?

Why should any Hindu here in the DR1 forum won't want to reveal his/her identity?

Oct 23, 2008
Hindu is a religion

I guess you mean Hindus?

Why should any Hindu here in the DR1 forum won't want to reveal his/her identity?

Well, Are you a Hindu? Not every Indian is a Hindu. Although Hinduism is the main dominating religion in India, there are several other religions there too. Most Dominicans often like to call every Indians a Hindu, but that is a mis-conception. It's like saying every Dominican is a Catholic.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not just Dominicans, but most Latin Americans call people from India 'hind?' to make the distinction between 'indios' as in indigenous Americans and Indians from India. Author Salman Rushdie, who is a Muslim from India, commented on the irony of being described as 'el escritor hind?' when he visited Nicaragua. Of course the correct term should be 'indio' or 'de la India'.

Remember too that 'indio' has its own special meaning here in the DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
pm dringa. i believe he is indian.
He is from Pakistan, but he might have some information about Indians in Santo Domingo. Another idea is to contact the Dominican Cricket Association, some of their members might be from India, although again, the ones I met were all from Pakistan.

jennyme

Nov 4, 2008
hey folks, I am from China the neighbourhood to India.
If you are seeking Asian friends, here is me :bunny::bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am from pakistan and dringa is also from pakistan (but born in england). there are several indians / Pakistanis living in this island. Generally speaking the majority of them live in santo domingo (mostly in medial profession). There is a famous pakistani dentist Dr. Saquib Khan, lives in mao (married to a dominican dentist). Then you have a pakistani cardiologist in Constanza. North coast has a few indians but the most notable one is Jitu (owner of supermercado janette) in cabarete. He is a super cool guy with contacts reaching all the way to the president of this country.
If you need more info, please PM me. I live in santiago. Regardless of what political issues we have back home, I think Pakistanis and Indians are basically brothers separated by a political boundary.
Welcome to Dr1.
AZB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
..... Regardless of what political issues we have back home, I think Pakistanis and Indians are basically brothers separated by a political boundary....
Welcome to Dr1.
AZB

This is so true. In Boston, young Irish Catholic and Protestant recent immigrants hang out together and help each other out with no regard to the porqueria back home.

If I meet an Indian or a Pakistani I will ask "Are you a subcontinenatal?" They always laugh. The Pakistanis in Santo Domingo have a cricket club. I think someone posted a link to their website on DR1 some time ago.