Dominican Actor Living In Hollwood

AlActor

Nov 2, 2008
www.imdb.com
Hi! Hola! How is everybody?
I really hope that Dominicans around the world are doing well.

I am an actor living in Hollywood, California for the past year. I moved from Miami, Florida where I worked for more than 10 years in TV, films, commercials and theatre.
Some of you may know me for working in international soapoperas (telenovelas) like, "Prisionera" and "La Viuda De Blanco" among others. You can see my photo and partial resume on the website I listed here.

This is my formal introduction to this forum.

I am currently working on a project that has to do with the Dominican Republic. This project is in the begining stages. That's why I decided to find a forum that could allow me restablish a connection with my own roots.

In your opinion, what is the most commun characteristic of the Dominican people? 1 or 2 sentences will do.
I will really apreciate your insight.
Thank you.

track

Sep 6, 2008
Hi! Hola! How is everybody?
I really hope that Dominicans around the world are doing well.

I am an actor living in Hollywood, California for the past year. I moved from Miami, Florida where I worked for more than 10 years in TV, films, commercials and theatre.
Some of you may know me for working in international soapoperas (telenovelas) like, "Prisionera" and "La Viuda De Blanco" among others. You can see my photo and partial resume on the website I listed here.

This is my formal introduction to this forum.

I am currently working on a project that has to do with the Dominican Republic. This project is in the begining stages. That's why I decided to find a forum that could allow me restablish a connection with my own roots.

In your opinion, what is the most commun characteristic of the Dominican people? 1 or 2 sentences will do.
I will really apreciate your insight.
Thank you.

Eso ta bien! ( Even if it's dirty, broken, falling, burning.. )

Mar 2, 2008
Fatalistic, yet optimistic determinism, tempered by a realistic and practical spiritual pragmatism, brushed with a tendency toward procrastinated expediency. And a good sense of humor.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Co?o este presidente no hace na', por eso rompo las reglas....
Hey btw way you should get in touch with Juan Fernandez he also lives inthe LA area...
Tell him Albin sent you..

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Co?o este presidente no hace na', por eso rompo las reglas....
Hey btw way you should get in touch with Juan Fernandez he also lives inthe LA area...
Tell him Albin sent you..

I had a long conversation with Juan at the Jaragua pool a few years ago. He told me how much he enjoyed filming Crocodile Dundee II in Australia. He enjoyed working with the crew; he found them very much like Dominicans, down to earth and love a bit of fun.

He was very friendly and was pleased that my friends and I recognized him.

He grew up in Ciudad Nueva in Santo Domingo.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Defending the honor of all Australians

I had a long conversation with Juan at the Jaragua pool a few years ago. He told me how much he enjoyed filming Crocodile Dundee II in Australia. He enjoyed working with the crew; he found them very much like Dominicans, down to earth and love a bit of fun.

As an Australian living and working in the DR, I TAKE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!! :eek:gre:

Yes, we are easy going and down to earth.... BUT we are also extremely hard working.

We have a saying in Oz - Work hard, play hard. I don't see too much of that in this country (a generalisation, I know, but in my opinion and experience, true).

If the Dominicans were any more laid back, they would be asleep. :surprised

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
AlActor, welcome to DR1. If you like, tell us your RL name so we can follow your career!

Also, check out the Dominicans Abroad forum for threads about Dominicans in LA - it seems like there is a small but active community there.

Best of luck in your current venture, care to tell us more about it?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
As an Australian living and working in the DR, I TAKE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!! :eek:gre:

Yes, we are easy going and down to earth.... BUT we are also extremely hard working.

We have a saying in Oz - Work hard, play hard. I don't see too much of that in this country (a generalisation, I know, but in my opinion and experience, true).

You offend easily. What are you doing here if you have such a low opinion of Dominicans?

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com

Sorry but i didnt see any comment that said Australians were not hard working! He said laid back and love a bit of fun, Sounds like a compliment to me :ermm:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You offend easily. What are you doing here if you have such a low opinion of Dominicans?

Maybe she was jesting? Thus............all the smileys. If not, it makes as much sense as saying all Australians drink Fosters, chase kangaroos, wrestle crocs, are descended from criminals and their females look like Dame Edna Everidge.............;)

You therefore see, AlActor (AKA Alfonso DiLuca) the inherent problems in asking about the most common characteristic of Dominicans? But, since ask you did, I would respond with ' irrepressible optimism and indomitable spirit'.

Best of luck in your current venture, care to tell us more about it?

Yes please do tell. And welcome to DR1. :)

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Maybe she was jesting? Thus............all the smileys. If not, it makes as much sense as saying all Australians drink Fosters, chase kangaroos, wrestle crocs, are descended from criminals and their females look like Dame Edna Everidge.............;)

All true - If you live in Queensland! ;)

My boyfriend is actually related to Barry Humphries' (Dame Edna).... I do believe if you put him in a frock and a tiara there would be a striking resemblance! :cheeky:

If you are ever visiting Oz, watch out for the Drop Bears :eek:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
yeah right do we look stoopid - I find rolf harris much more frightening than a carniverous koala

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
A/Actor,

I have been watching telenovelas since we got the free preview here and I am absolutely hooked. My Spanish is even improving a little. So exactly, which "Prisonera" novela were you in there are quite a few with Prisonera in the main title. I may have even seen you in one. Oh and by the way the Dominican people that I know are caring, good natured, sincere and charimng.