licence plate renewal?

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Headline in Dominican Today, "Renew your license plate now, avoid the fine, entity says"

Is this about your license plate needing to be reordered? If so where is this done in the north coast (Sosua area)? I do have my new matr?cula and revista stickers. However being that I'm away at the moment I have never heard about having to replace your license plate. Is this article correct?

many thanks,
BermudaRum

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I do have my new matr?cula and revista stickers.

In which case you're good to go. The article has a misleading title. They mean marbete. I presume that is what you mean by matricula? The actual metal plates get renewed every 4 years, last time was from DGII. And you get a new matricula at that time, of course, to coincide with the new licence plate number. You can do a search of old threads to find info on how to do this when it is the due time.

Do you read DR1 Daily News? Today's said:
Only 50% have renewed their plates
The grace period for renewal of vehicle license plates ends on 28 November. Fines will be levied on those without renewal stickers. According to Diario Libre only 50% of vehicle owners have bought their stickers. According to the Tax Department (DGII) they have collected more than RD$300 million so far. According to spokesperson Germania Montas, people are leaving it for the last minute, and if they go past the 28 November deadline, the renewal will cost an additional RD$500. The official made her statements after a meeting with the Senate Hacienda Commission that is studying a contract for a US$10.5 million loan to be used to strengthen the DGII. Personal experience shows that the renewal can be done in less than five minutes at almost any of the Banco de Reservas offices or any savings and loan office. All that is needed is a photocopy of the registration, a cedula and RD$1,600 if the car is pre- 2002 and RD$2,200 of the car is 2002 or later.

Last edited:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
and the office in Puerta Plata is out of the revista stickers until next week,(the guy should have said manana....don't have the cool n thingy on this computer) but they will stamp your receipt from BanReserves

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
and the office in Puerta Plata is out of the revista stickers until next week,(the guy should have said manana....don't have the cool n thingy on this computer) but they will stamp your receipt from BanReserves

You can so the cool n thingy by holding down the alt key and 164 on the keypad on the lower right corner of your keyboard alt + 134 = ?

If that doesn't work press the Num Lock key and try again

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Thxs Lambada, yes I do read the news on DR1. However, the lic. plate photo and headline really throws you off in the Dom. Today story.............

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Put US International English as your language and You can ? with a couple of keystrokes... O'course mykeyboard has the ~ thingy right handy...I guess they all do, huh?