Ice Cubes In Sosua Bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Are the ice cubes used in the Sosua bars made from purified water? Thinking primarily about bars like Cuba Libre, Classico's etc. and not AI's like Casa Marina
Not having ice in my drinks would be major letdown but getting sick would be an even bigger letdown.
TIA

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Are the ice cubes used in the Sosua bars made from purified water? Thinking primarily about bars like Cuba Libre, Classico's etc. and not AI's like Casa Marina
Not having ice in my drinks would be major letdown but getting sick would be an even bigger letdown.
TIA
They're probably using drinking/filtered water for their drinks, as it would be detrimental to get their clients sick and unable to patronize their establishments. To be on the safe side, though, try sticking to bottled drinks (i.e. beer).

:glasses:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Id be more worried about the cleaning methods for the glassware, or the personal hygiene regimens of the bartenders than the ice cubes! But seriously, the ice cubes are absolutely fine...even on the beach and from street vendors, colmados, etc.

Reactions: Rocky

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think theres something in this one

376246574_1f0d326461.jpg

Reactions: FernieBee

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just about every bar uses the bagged ice cubes that are purified to drink. If you are worried just look around and see if they have bags of ice. Usually you will see them.

Reactions: Rocky

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Thanks for the thumbs up on the ice cubes. First Cuba Libre is on me!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Think about it, if there was someting wrong with the ice cubes, wouldnt everybody be sick? You have to learn to stop worrying about things, everything is gonna be allright. If you think you're gonna get sick, you probably will. If you are confident you wont, you will shake off that funny stomach feeling with a shot of tequila.

(or drink swimming pool water like my dogs, the chlorine keeps them healthy and destroys all the bacteria)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
TIA
I think you got things backwards. I would be much more concerned about the ice in the big AI's. They probably use ice machines.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Back home from vacation and yes, I am fine. I ate at a different place every night and did not have a single bad meal. Drinks were fine as well. Only bad thing about my vacation is that it is over!

Reactions: FernieBee

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you had stayed longer you would only had rain anyway. Third day in a row with totaly overcast and much rain.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
If the ice cubes have holes in them, they are industrially made and safe. In most of the cases here in Sosua, it is just that way..

Mar 2, 2008
"If you had stayed longer you would only had rain anyway. Third day in a row with totaly overcast and much rain."

There is much to be said for rainy days. They provide a great excuse to stay in bed with a loved one, and you will need to keep her warm and dry.

"Rainy day women #12 and 35"
B. Dylan

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Can be to much, this is the fourth day without any sign of the sun. Pretty chilly also.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Yeah, it rained for the last couple of days of my vacation. A bummer but I was still able to go for a swim. After the first couple of days, I got used to the heat and humidity down there. Now I have to get used to the damn cold days and nights back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.