Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen-please, write your posts in english so everyone can understand.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really want to see racism/discrimination, you should spend some time in India. I was there for four months this year...the caste system is still very much alive.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beasley View Post
    If you really want to see racism/discrimination, you should spend some time in India. I was there for four months this year...the caste system is still very much alive.
    Racism/Classism at it's ultimate! This is a generalization, I know, India is a very large, diverse country.

I have Indian friends who disowned their daughter for marrying a man from another village (they've lived in Canada for 30 years!) Being the same colour, class and religion was not enough. We cannot even start to scratch the surface of India's discrimination here...

Montreal

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
    Perdoname tu, pero lo primero que uno dice cuando ve un Asiatico, es Chino, no por ignorancia, pero porque todo el mundo piensa en China de una vez, no solo los Dominicanos pero toda las gentes en Latino America.

Yo no soy tan desconsiderado sabiendo la rivalidad que existe y la sensibilidad que hay entre ellos, lo primero que pregunto de que pais eres originario o cual es tu descendencia, pero si baja la guardia esta propenso a decirle a un Coreano, mira a ese Chino, sabiendo que es Coreano, pero lo dice inconsientemente, todos tenemos a China grabada en nuestra mente.
    Ezequiel, I agree with you, it is not necessarily out of ignorance that ppl use the term "Chinese" so recurrently. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just reality....Bad habits die hard.

Nicky

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Correct

Quote Originally Posted by montreal View Post
    Ezequiel, I agree with you, it is not necessarily out of ignorance that ppl use the term "Chinese" so recurrently. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just reality....Bad habits die hard.

Nicky
    Had a friend here who was Korean he was always called chino at work, when he corrected them was told that we cant tell the difference you all look alike to us. So he started referring to everyone as Haitian, as you all look alike to me, situation changed very quickly.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Had a friend here who was Korean he was always called chino at work, when he corrected them was told that we cant tell the difference you all look alike to us. So he started referring to everyone as Haitian, as you all look alike to me, situation changed very quickly.
    That's hilarious....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's hilarious....
    It's not hilarious, i have friends here in Atlanta from Peru and Mexico, we have Asian friends in common NOT Chinese, and my Peruvian and Mexican friends know they are not Chinese, but they still call them Chinese, of course, when they're not around.

By the way, here in the U.S. the majority of people think every Hispanic is a Mexican, i have to correct a lot of people, when they call me Mexican, i politely tell them i'm Dominican, may tell me in my face, that's the same thing

Snap!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    True, Koreans become indignant at being confused with Chinese. However, they would not publicly express their displeasure, unless out of humour. I worked for Koreans for almost five years. First, for KOTRA (Korean government commercial office), and later, for a Korean trading company, in Caracas. Ample enough time to know their quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
    It's not hilarious, i have friends here in Atlanta from Peru and Mexico, we have Asian friends in common NOT Chinese, and my Peruvian and Mexican friends know they are not Chinese, but they still call them Chinese, of course, when they're not around.

By the way, here in the U.S. the majority of people think every Hispanic is a Mexican, i have to correct a lot of people, when they call me Mexican, i politely tell them i'm Dominican, may tell me in my face, that's the same thing
    Sorry, but I still think the Korean calling all Dominicans Haitians to get his point across is funny.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I still think the Korean calling all Dominicans Haitians to get his point across is funny.....
    All that what you meat! yes hilarious.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast