Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Availability of Contact Lenses

Hi Again:

How available ar contact lenses.....any idea on the cost of glasses or eye exams or should we make sure to get that taken care of before leaving?

Thanks for any feedback

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

where are you coming from

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, can't remember the exact price but my contacts (night and day) are cheaper in poland. same goes for glasses (especially frames).
    i always buy a supply when i go home - i use vision express and they always do my eye exam free (i spend hundreds of dollars in one go). they also have lots of special offers while in DR you get nothing for free.
    i stock at home, and it seems that lenses/solution are even cheaper in the USA...
    and, sorry to say it, i prefer polish doctors too...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

no free eye tests in uk now.....no idea why so many polish people go to the uk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We found a good eye doctor in Santiago - Jeannette Moronta at Montura Optical in the Plaza El Paseo on Ave. 27 de Febrero. Can't for the life of me remember how much the eye exam was.....but the glasses were comparable to what I would have paid in Canada. I did not get contacts because I have a good stock pile of them - but I can say that the price of contact solution here will give you heart failure! You might want to at least bring that with you if you can.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    no free eye tests in uk now.....no idea why so many polish people go to the uk

i guess it's because they make in a week what people in poland make in a month :-)
    and lots of stuff (clothes, food, cosmetics) are cheaper in the UK.
    now, believer, i think is canadian. i don't know if you have free eye exam with purchase of lenses/glasses there but the prices of lenses/glasses should be the same as in USA, no?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Optica Cibao on Metropolitan in Santiago is top notch.

809-241-2020 809-247-3800 Ask for Grance if you call. But not much English spoken.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Optica Cibao as well, good doctors there. I think it cost me around $700 for the eye exam. Contacts are outrageously expensive here. I use Focus Dailies 90pk and I was quoted about $120, if my memory serves me, compared to $35 in the States. I just ordered my contacts online, faxed them the prescription, and had them delivered to my P.O. box in Miami. Much cheaper!

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I use focus dailies. Order online from visiondirect.com. They arrive in 3 weeks and I have no trouble using a UK credit card for an American company (which you often do!)

Matilda

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, order online and have them shipped. You will save a ton of money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast