Cost of water

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Can you guys advise how much you would expect to pay for well water. Do you pay by the cubic metre or is it a set payment per month. Also what would be a fair estimate of the cost of maintenance for a year.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
If you are buying water from a third party in my experience you pay per cubic metre based on how much electricity is used to pump as cubic metre.

Feb 7, 2007
Here in Higuey "camiones" of water cost 350 pesos. We don't have public water system in Higuey (yet). Usually 1 camion fills half-an-underground water cistern, and is about 1000 gallons.

In my house we catch water from rain, and if it is raining heavily (such as last years' storms) the cistern can fill in 1 day full.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
In Bayardo, Puerto Plata we have a supply of town water piped to the cystern. They have recently installed meters. Cost before meters was above 500 pesos a month; average cost with meters 435 pesos per month.

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
I pay RD$ 450.oo a month on a non-metered fixed rate agreement.
We get water every couple of days (randomly), but it's always been enough.

... J-D.

That sounds a good deal. I would be happy to pay up to RD$ 1000 so if I get a deal like yours I will be well pleased. Thanks for the info

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
rd 1000 would be for a very large house with pool and more than six bedrooms and bathrooms I think

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
We have a well which fills up from the water table. We get a bill for 500 RD$ a month to use the water from this well. It is salty as we live near the ocean and the odd animal tends to fall down it. However the bill says agua potable. I offered a glass of water to the Inapa bill collector as I was supposed to pay for this agua potable. I told him if he would drink it then I would pay the bill. He refused. Never received another bill

Hence cost of well water - nada.

Matilda

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
I love it!

We have a well which fills up from the water table. We get a bill for 500 RD$ a month to use the water from this well. It is salty as we live near the ocean and the odd animal tends to fall down it. However the bill says agua potable. I offered a glass of water to the Inapa bill collector as I was supposed to pay for this agua potable. I told him if he would drink it then I would pay the bill. He refused. Never received another bill

Matilda

I have so say it agian I love this!

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008

Matilda

It is probably the same well that we get our tanker water from. I thought your answer was brilliant

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Well guys Santiago is no better. CORASAAN also has issues. In my neck of the woods We get water only a few days . Not enoughs to fill up my 3000 gallon cisterns and Tinacos.. A truck with 1500 gallons deliver to my house cost 1,000 pesos. We use about 2 trucks per month... CORASAAN refuses to fix our neighborhoods water issue...(cerros Don Antonio) I guess we dont burn tires or block the streets, I see Barrios with water..never seen thme buying water...pero guess thats for another thread.......

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Matilda, you got me worried we?ve got a well and although i hesitate to say its potable dominicans from our little village, whom we suppy gratis, drink it. Should I be paying someone something ? In that case I?ll change my log in name and pretend to be somebody else!!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Matilda, you got me worried we?ve got a well and although i hesitate to say its potable dominicans from our little village, whom we suppy gratis, drink it. Should I be paying someone something ? In that case I?ll change my log in name and pretend to be somebody else!!

well I think you are supposed to pay for a well even if you dig it you pump it and the water delivers itself so as to speak. However how do they know you have one?? Most people in Juan Dolio have their own wells and do not have water delivered or pumped from the street. And I don't know anyone else apart from me who gets a bill!!! So if I were you I would just keep your mouthe shut and if they ever do send you a bill saying potable water then do what I did but try and make sure the water is a little green and slimy first.

Matilda