Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of water

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost of water

Can you guys advise how much you would expect to pay for well water. Do you pay by the cubic metre or is it a set payment per month. Also what would be a fair estimate of the cost of maintenance for a year.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

dunno under rd 1000 per month deffinately

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are buying water from a third party in my experience you pay per cubic metre based on how much electricity is used to pump as cubic metre.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Higuey "camiones" of water cost 350 pesos. We don't have public water system in Higuey (yet). Usually 1 camion fills half-an-underground water cistern, and is about 1000 gallons.

In my house we catch water from rain, and if it is raining heavily (such as last years' storms) the cistern can fill in 1 day full.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

In Bayardo, Puerto Plata we have a supply of town water piped to the cystern. They have recently installed meters. Cost before meters was above 500 pesos a month; average cost with meters 435 pesos per month.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay RD$ 450.oo a month on a non-metered fixed rate agreement.
    We get water every couple of days (randomly), but it's always been enough.

... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J D Sauser View Post
    I pay RD$ 450.oo a month on a non-metered fixed rate agreement.
    We get water every couple of days (randomly), but it's always been enough.

... J-D.
    That sounds a good deal. I would be happy to pay up to RD$ 1000 so if I get a deal like yours I will be well pleased. Thanks for the info

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

rd 1000 would be for a very large house with pool and more than six bedrooms and bathrooms I think

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a well which fills up from the water table. We get a bill for 500 RD$ a month to use the water from this well. It is salty as we live near the ocean and the odd animal tends to fall down it. However the bill says agua potable. I offered a glass of water to the Inapa bill collector as I was supposed to pay for this agua potable. I told him if he would drink it then I would pay the bill. He refused. Never received another bill

Hence cost of well water - nada.

Matilda

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    We have a well which fills up from the water table. We get a bill for 500 RD$ a month to use the water from this well. It is salty as we live near the ocean and the odd animal tends to fall down it. However the bill says agua potable. I offered a glass of water to the Inapa bill collector as I was supposed to pay for this agua potable. I told him if he would drink it then I would pay the bill. He refused. Never received another bill

Hence cost of well water - nada.

Matilda
    I have so say it agian I love this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast