To all true dominicans!!!

xxbuffet13xx

Sep 14, 2008
I am going to be in santiago for 3 months studying, i would like to know what would be the cheapest way to keep in touch with my family back in the states. Such as phone plans or nething. Any info will help thanks in advance

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am going to be in santiago for 3 months studying, i would like to know what would be the cheapest way to keep in touch with my family back in the states. Such as phone plans or nething. Any info will help thanks in advance

If you'll have a computer at hand with a good Internet connection, your best bet will be to use a voip system. With skype you would then be able to call all land and cell lines in the US for around USD 0.02 per minute and with vonage I believe there is a monthly flat fee (there are other symila voip systems, btw.)

Otherwise, a local Orange cell phone account will let you call the US for the same per minute rate as calling a land line over the street here in the DR.

... J-D.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
If it's a VOIP system..........

you're looking for................we use MAGICJACK and it's free...........other than the intial purchase of anywhere from $35. to $49.00 dollars.........

Do a search of "magicjack" on this forum or www.magicjack.com