No offence to the ladies...but i think this is one for the boys!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi

I am looking for "Perfil" , an Iron tubing,but i presume anyone that can help me with this will know this name well and what it is.

I have been told it is likely i will find it in Santo Domingo or Santiago possibly.

The Perfil i need has to be 2 1/2 inches x 2 1/2 inches, and 1/4 inch thick.

I need 200 feet!

Any one that can help me or point me in the direction of someone or somewhere that can would be great!

Laura :)

Sep 19, 2005
sounds like you need SQUARE tubing.....normally tubing is round and only has three dimensions OD, and wall thickness(or sometimes ID) and length.

that is heavy duty...... .25" wall!! on a 2.5 square....

I bought some steel rerod in Licey and saw the guy has all kinds and shapes of steel and iron....although i didnt see anything that big....a lot of sizes for making fencing and ornamental gates..

PS: do you have a brother named AZB???

bad bad bob

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Great thread title LJ :). Do you by any chance mean galvanised steel tubing, one of the shapes in the pic?
Galvanized Steel Tubing | Orlando Steel Enterprises

Mod. this isn't spam for that company - it's the only pic I could find to check if this is what LJ wants.

Yes Lambada, Thats it! square stuff ha ha!

As for the title, well shows me hey 2 out of three replies (1 PM), have been from women....Girl power!!

Thanks

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
sounds like you need SQUARE tubing.....normally tubing is round and only has three dimensions OD, and wall thickness(or sometimes ID) and length.

that is heavy duty...... .25" wall!! on a 2.5 square....

I bought some steel rerod in Licey and saw the guy has all kinds and shapes of steel and iron....although i didnt see anything that big....a lot of sizes for making fencing and ornamental gates..

PS: do you have a brother named AZB???

bad bad bob

2.5" x 2.5"

with a 0.25" wall

This is for a base for a free standing trapeze shown below.

Thanks

p.s As for being related to AZB that is a definate NO!!!!!!!!

http://

Sep 19, 2005
knock em dead....looks like a fun project...should cost an arm and a leg in the DR even to build......got a welding machine?

bad bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gonzalez in Santo Domingo is well known for steel "perfiles"

You can find your stuff. Also contact Acero Estrella. Let me know if you need more info.

There is a guy in Santo Domingo, Enrique Ure?a, who does this stuff...

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Yes bob, LJ said 'has to be 2 1/2 inches x 2 1/2 inches' in her OP. What is that if not square?

LJ, please add to thread title 'one for the boys.....who did math' ;).

Acero Estrella is also in Bavaro, btw, Carretera Arena Gorda Riu Tel: (809) 552 ? 6161

Oh thats good to know, I go down that road quite often. Am obviously not very observant LOL!

Thanks everyone!