Tension Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Can anyone tell me where I can find small (22 1/2") tension rods that I can use for curtains in two small storage areas above my closets? Sosua? Puerto Plata?

And the next question would be where could I buy a valance of material and have them made?

Thanks\
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks windeguy - I think I'll call first since you were kind enough to give me their number.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
To have curtains made - buy the material at Hidelisa or other store - but do not have them make them up - way too expensive. I know a good person here for 1/4 of the price. He made all my curtains for me and I was very happy.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I also have a lady that makes curtains in Puerto Plata. PM for the phone # please.

Last edited:

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks all. I went to Casa Nelson and while they do have tension rods, they do not have small ones like I need. However, I bought ready made curtains and am in the process of being creative in hanging them. And someone has offered that they may possibly have smaller ones.

But I'll keep you both in mind when I'm ready for new curtains.

Regards
Ro

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
At Playero in the back area by the brooms & mops there are some tension rods in a couple of sizes.Not sure if they are as small as you need but you might check.
Abuela

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks. At this point, I've gerryrigged it and I think it'll work. Standard small size is 28" it seems.

Regards
Ro

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
Small tension rods

For future reference, if you have a longer tension rod than you need, just unscrew it all the way, take a hack saw to one (or both) sides of it, then re-assemble it. It's very easy to make them shorter.

...hope this helps.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Great idea. That's also assuming I have a hacksaw which I don't. I got some wood from a local carpenter, cut it with a serrated kitchen knife and painted it white. For my purpose, works fine for now. I can always bring tension rods back from the States probably in the smaller size. Checked Playero and their smallest size is also 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.