Passports

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
So, i finally got my application in to the British consulate for my sons first British passport at the end of September.
I was told to it should be back in 20 days...even though they say it will take 10 days, he said give them 20 in case.
Now i call everyday and it is still not back!! Im travelling in December so starting to get nervous now....has anyone else experienced anything like this? Im worried to get it on time and to get all the documents back in one piece!!

Also does anyone knoe how long it takes to get a dominican passport for a dominican citizen?

Thanks.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
if you have all your papers you can get a dominican passport the same day you apply, as long as you pay the 1000 peso quick process payment... my friend did, went into Santiago at about 9am and had his passport at 2pm the same day...good luck with the british one......
Hammerdown

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So, i finally got my application in to the British consulate for my sons first British passport at the end of September.
I was told to it should be back in 20 days...even though they say it will take 10 days, he said give them 20 in case.
Now i call everyday and it is still not back!! Im travelling in December so starting to get nervous now....has anyone else experienced anything like this? Im worried to get it on time and to get all the documents back in one piece!!

Yes we experienced this, not in relation to ourselves but to someone we were helping. I recall at the time that the Ambassador, Ian Worthington, was very helpful. The problem from the Embassy's point of view is that they have to send the passports out of the DR (not sure if it goes to Mexico or NY) so they themselves are not in control of the process. In the case of our friend we made direct contact with the Ambassador and our friend's son did get his passport in time to go with his parents to the UK :). You might want to do something similar.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
if you have all your papers you can get a dominican passport the same day you apply, as long as you pay the 1000 peso quick process payment... my friend did, went into Santiago at about 9am and had his passport at 2pm the same day...good luck with the british one......
Hammerdown

Thanks for the information, I have a friend who needs to get a passport for his wife. I will relay your information to him.

Don - SantiagoDr