Sosua black out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Almost the whole country suffers to some degree or other. Some areas are better and some are worse. For example in Puerto Plata you have areas that hardly if ever have blackouts and if they do it will be short. Other areas - prolonged blackouts!!!! IT all depends on exactly where you are.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Just want to know for "la Mulata" area..,how much "jus" can you get for the inverter/battery; mostly to know how much maximum power usage from the inverter could i expect (is there enough to run the swiming pool pum?)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it depends which part of la mulata i think - no problem here with 6 batteries, but i dont run a pool on them

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
it depends which part of la mulata i think - no problem here with 6 batteries, but i dont run a pool on them

On my last trip, there were two short-lived blackouts. But because Sosua is tourist-oriented, just about everyone there has an inverter or generator, so the actual interruption is only a few seconds.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've started tracking the actual blackouts now that we seem to have returned to "normal"....

windeguy - another fine example of being told exactly what they "think" you want to hear.......... no basis in fact............ ;)

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Is iy possible to have a solar unit in the DR just to run the pool ?how expensive will it be or just bring one with container from the USA

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
a stupid technical question

if you have a solar pump for your pool only and an inverter for your house do you need two lots of batteries or can use use both for one lot of batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.