something to do on Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
We are heading there on the 25th of Nov. and I am bringing my best friend. My hubbie will have to work a lot at the club...so me and my girlfriend want things to do...she really wants to take kite surfing lessons...any cheap ones??? also...what can us girls do when the hubbie is working at night?

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
please know that we are women pushing 40...we are not intersted in the young kiddie things!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
please know that we are women pushing 40...we are not intersted in the young kiddie things!

Pushing 40! Ouch, you make me feel old! I would suggest hitting all the discos, dancing till 5am, then jumping in the pool with any new friends you may have picked up on the way.:bunny:

50's the new 30....

Reactions: Bronxboy

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
depends which way you are pushing it

pushing it like we were the older ones...not the younger...

also loved the other comment about jumping in the water....I did that living in Los Angeles when I was 22.

We want Mellow time...she wants to learn how to kite-surf..and I am very proud of her....I will sit on my rotund butt and watch her learn...and she will do well...she is running marathons in NYC...But I just want to know what is the cheapest school for her????

Also, we are NOT into the Nite-life Sosua has to offer. My husband will be working evenings and she and I plan to be playing a lot of Scrabble in the apartment. Is there Anything at all that 2 women can do in the evenings, sans men that is kosher? Please let me know as I may go nuts playing board games for 5 nights. All I can think of is playing cards somewhere....

HELPPPPPP!!!

Also, we will be there for thanksgiving and have not made any reservations...do you think just going to any restaurant will be okay?

Thanks guys!!!!:bunny:

1elcon34

Nov 8, 2008
She sounds like the hubbie is reading this and shes making a paper trail. She'll be wilding naked in the discos

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
Tambo..work is work..get over it...As long as my children are fed and the mortgage is paid...what do you care?
and 1elcon34...you're an asshole.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
I came here to try and make a few friends, try to gather advice...and i am so dissapointed. The several times I have posted here...I have recieved nothing but ill advice and jerk offs....except for a certain few (thank you) I have had serious enquiries and some of you make me ill. This is supposed to be the number one website for the D.R. and I am so unwelcomed...in so many ways..most of you wont even give me a chance. Stop with your crap and leave me alone if you have nothing intelligent or nice to say!

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
I am planning on either moving to the DR or spending a quite a bit of time in Sosua and never in my llife have I felt more unwelcome to your country. I am wary of bringing my children and see the anger spewed everywhere.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I am planning on either moving to the DR or spending a quite a bit of time in Sosua and never in my llife have I felt more unwelcome to your country. I am wary of bringing my children and see the anger spewed everywhere.

Whooaa . . . slow down . . nobody's having a go . . people are just funning with you . . .

Your question

We are heading there on the 25th of Nov. and I am bringing my best friend. My hubbie will have to work a lot at the club...so me and my girlfriend want things to do...she really wants to take kite surfing lessons...any cheap ones??? also...what can us girls do when the hubbie is working at night?

was answered perfectly well by ..

Before you go off at a tangent, read the responses, think about the replies and realise that if you post "you're an asshole" people aren't going to take you seriously and you are going to get peoples' backs up and they will purposely wind you up.

IMHO

Regards

Reidy

anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
I hear ya! I respect ya! I understand! But that guy IS an asshole. Thank you for you kindness. I have 2 young daughters and am starting to spend a lot of time there and and seeing some people here are not welcoming Americans to the territory or they are "messing" with me...it is not nice...I am a woman..talk to me like a woman...not one of your beer-buddies. Thank you.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I hear ya! I respect ya! I understand! But that guy IS an asshole. Thank you for you kindness. I have 2 young daughters and am starting to spend a lot of time there and and seeing some people here are not welcoming Americans to the territory or they are "messing" with me...it is not nice...I am a woman..talk to me like a woman...not one of your beer-buddies. Thank you.

Unfortunately there are no gender exceptions here ~ we are neither M nor F, we are DR1 posters.

Please use the archive and the search functions and I'm sure you will find answers to a lot of your questions (even the one's you haven't asked yet).

I only joined the forum "recently" and have, to a degree, experienced what you are at the moment.

Don't let some posters comments "put you off" but please do realise that, being new to the forum, most of you questions have already been answered. . . . and you get a lot more out if you put in sensible comments.

Welcome to DR1 . . .

Regards

Reidy

anpalmisl.gif

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
Well, I am now assuming I need to go through a "hazing" in order to gather some repect.
Just got a PM from a woman who said she has "had it" posting here because of the abuse. This is supposed to be a friendly forum...I KNOW the moderators watch our words...so why is it okay to mess around with people who are serious? I do not see the welcome in that? There are a few exceptions who have been very nice and very helpful and then you get these nasty little ****s who just love for you to feel bad.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
Can some one please suggest a decent place for a decent Thanksgiving dinner?
Can some one please suggest a place to learn Kite surfing in Cabarete?
Can some one please suggest a place for 2 women to go in the evening to enjoy themselves?
Can some one here be kind enough to respect a woman? It's not that hard.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
To a degree I completely agree with you, threads get "hi-jacked" and seem to disappear in a totally different direction; but that is life. I posted that your question had been answered, and it had.

So,
Well, I am now assuming I need to go through a "hazing" in order to gather some repect.
Just got a PM from a woman who said she has "had it" posting here because of the abuse. This is supposed to be a friendly forum...I KNOW the moderators watch our words...so why is it okay to mess around with people who are serious? I do not see the welcome in that? There are a few exceptions who have been very nice and very helpful and then you get these nasty little ****s who just love for you to feel bad.

Now, you're at the stage where you feel your not getting your "pennies worth" [sorry quaint english expression] what you need to do is work out which posters are full of info & which ones are full of s**t, think about the wording of your posts & what info you actually want & finally. . . .chill. . . coz if you can't then then you & the DR aint gonna work.

IMHO

Regards

Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
thanks to the p.m.'s...didn't mean to get angry.. just was feeling like I was not being accepted. I appreciate all the people who have been kind and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.