construction

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
how much does a yd of sand cost. i think it is called a metro there. doing some concrete work on a floor and i think what i was quoted as 3600 pesos for metro is very high. another friend said 700 pesos , but i dont know if that was for a quarter of a yd or a full yd.. any recent construction info would be a great help

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
? meter of sand sells for about 450 pesos in plant. This would be sand that has been washed and crushed inside a crushing operation....not just a screened sand. Transportation is additional. Problem is that most plants will not sell you only one meter, therefore you have to go to the hardware stores to get that small quantity and then you are having to negotiate how much it will be. Easily, the transport could be more than the price of the sand.

Good luck

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
thanks for your response, so i think 3600 pesos is a little wrong, or a lot wrong for the meter of sand.depending on the store it was bought. but i am also bying all the bags of cement and stone that goes with pouring a floor. so you would think that it wouldnt be that much. but hey its the dr

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
last time I bought sand, it was 1100 pesos for a small dump truck that contained 2 meters.....that was delivered from the ferreteria