Where is the ex-pat bar in Sto Dgo?

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Every country or major city in Latin America has THE ex-pat bar it seems but I've yet to find it in Sto Dgo. Doesn't have to be fancy, just a place where a guy can pop his head in, have a few cold ones and be around other ex-pats.

I saw the name 'La Taverna' pop up in another thread and am guessing that's a good start? Anyone have the address/location or any other suggestions?

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Every country or major city in Latin America has THE ex-pat bar it seems but I've yet to find it in Sto Dgo. Doesn't have to be fancy, just a place where a guy can pop his head in, have a few cold ones and be around other ex-pats.

I saw the name 'La Taverna' pop up in another thread and am guessing that's a good start? Anyone have the address/location or any other suggestions?

It's "Mi Taverna" and it's in what is commonly known as Plaza Trio on Av. Abraham Lincoln on the right going north from 27 de Febrero immediately before the traffic light at the junction with Lope de Vega. There is a small off-street shopping plaza, with a drive through to a car park out back. As you drive through between the two rows of shops, Mi Taverna is the last one on the right - it has a kind of red brick facade. It has big screen TV's showing sports as well as Bollywood musicals (Thursday evening is Pakistani Night with a good buffet service and the occasional belly dancers, and there are other "specials" on other nights)

Another expat watering hole is Chalet Suizo, but it's a little out of town on the Malecon km 10 on the way to Haina. It's on the right just past Casa De Espana well before you get to the Luperon Interchange. It's a kind of resto-pub with very good Swiss-Austro-German food and good German beers + Presidente draught (Barril) Clientele is a mix of American-Anglo-Euro and a sprinkling of like minded locals. Saturday night has live music, easy listening as well as Rock and Blues from the 60's and 70's.

Enjoy!!

Bryan