Barcelo Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Hi all. We will be staying at the Barcel Puerto Plata arriving Nov 29th. Has anyone got any reviews about this resort? We like to golf and spend some time off of the resort also.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Friends of mine were there about a month ago and enjoyed it. It is newly renovated, clean, well kept, not full, food is decent. You are right across the street from Playa Dorada Golf Course, decent. They have a nice restaurant if you want to eat outside.

Go into Puerto Plata to eat out as well - lots of choices of restaurants and they need the business. Go shopping downtown and check out Central Park, the Malecon etc.

What other things do you like to do? Do some searches of the board and you will find lots of other suggestions.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks Planner. That was helpful. We would like to take a day to tour outside of the resort to other towns and villages, meet the real people of the DR. We would be willing to pay a driver who is familiar with different areas to drive us around for the day to show us the "real DR". We would like to take tour or two. I am going to try to stuff my suitcase with some things for kids for distribution. Maybe a night or two of dancing, music, etc.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You are welcome. If you want to go dancing to a local - typically Dominican place -just let me know and you can come with us!

I recommend Isaira Tours for your excursions or for a private driver to show you around. Martin is wonderful. Isaira Tours

Donations - if you need I can accept them on behalf of the Beyond the Beach Foundation - we then deliver to groups in need in the area!

Tours - I love the safari trip to the waterfall - Damajagua falls, do a search there is a great thread describing it. I also love the catamaran trip with Freestyle catamarans. You can do both of these thru Isaira tours.

For Puerto Plata - don't take a tour - hop in a taxi and go into town! It is 7 minutes away!

neftali50

Nov 11, 2008
I don't know if you are talking about Barcelo Premium, Puerto Plata, I was there for new year and the Hotel was Excellent.

Here my rating for that hotel is: 4 of 5

I like food and restaurants in this hotel.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Hi there. The resort we are staying at is called Barcelo Puerto Plata, but I have seen reviews about Barcelo Premium but I don't know if they are the same resort. If so,I hope so.....:) Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.