The Restaurant At Las Ca?as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Our new restaurant at Las Ca?as Aparthotel in Sosua will be open to the general public beginning tomorrow, Sunday, November 16!

International menu with Filet Mignon, Filet of Mero, Wiener Schnitzle, Lasagna, Eggplant Parmesean, Hamburgers and Pizza to name a few of the items.

Join us for a relaxing, poolside dinner in a beautiful natural setting.

Hours are 4:30 pm until 10:00 pm.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
They had a "soft" opening tonight and the food was very good, the service was on point and the other diners gave the eggplant lasagna high remarks. The price was also very reasonable.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I also attended the soft opening tonight and had pizza and eggplant parm - both of which were really good - large portions, cooked to perfection. The bread came warm with chocie of regular butter or garlic butter - and all was accompanied with a salad. The food and service were excellent. I highly recommend the eggplant and also the lasagne (which I got to taste from another's plate). Can't wait to return.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Our chef is german, but she can handle any type of food. She handled all the dinners very well tonight. Won't take long to iron out the kinks. So, come and join us for a different dining experience. See you all soon!

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Muy Bien!

Campesina, we look forward to trying the restaurant upon our return....are the owners also going to manage the pool bar?:bunny:;)

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Re-opening the pool bar is slated for the very near future. I look forward to seeing you there!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thank you ....it must be an american expression ...Im just learning the language lol

slated in england would mean getting a bad review in the press

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
two countries.....

:cheeky:Separated by the same language, as they say. We have British friends in the DR who periodically use an expression which totally escapes us...."Taking the Mickey" was the latest of these, fortunately it was face to face and my look of bafflement prompted an explanation.

Looking forward to both the restaurant and bar being up and running (another american expression, perhaps?)

thank you ....it must be an american expression ...Im just learning the language lol

slated in england would mean getting a bad review in the press

M

Markf128

Good luck with the restaurant and I also look forward to try the food on my next visit to Sosua.

oilers

Mar 1, 2008
Las Canas Restaurant

Las Canas Restaurant is now open. My wife and I went for supper and the food was great. The prices are also very reasonable, and the portions are huge, so be hungry when you arrive.. Good selection on the menu. We really enjoyed ourselves. Help support local businesses, come and try it, you won`t be disappointed

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Taking the Mickey

:cheeky:Separated by the same language, as they say. We have British friends in the DR who periodically use an expression which totally escapes us...."Taking the Mickey" was the latest of these, fortunately it was face to face and my look of bafflement prompted an explanation.

Looking forward to both the restaurant and bar being up and running (another american expression, perhaps?)

Haha..us Brits can easily baffle those that are not familiar with our lingo!
FYI...Taking the Mickey is from Cockney rhyming slang to take the Mickey Bliss (for take the ****...rhymes with bliss)....in other words, mocking or making fun out of somebody...I hope they were not taking the Mickey out of you at the time...lol

chardingjr

Nov 21, 2008
I am glad to hear of your opening. I recently purchased a twelve unit, two bed, two bath beachfront complex nearby. I hope to drop by shortly and give you some business.
Of my present staff, none speak English. I would like to hire a reliable full time person who speaks English and Spanish. Any help you can be would be appreciated. See you soon. Good luck!

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
To return to the point. We visited the restaurant tonight, and completely agree with the positive comments made in earlier posts. The quality of the food, the efficient and friendly service and the reasonable prices - in addition to the beautiful poolside location - mean that it deserves to succeed. We look forward to return visits in the future.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Where is the restaurant located in Sosua?

Heading east out of Sosua on the main hwy about 1 1/2 miles toward Cabarete you will see a car wash on the left. The entrance is directly across on the right side (La Mulata Road) There is also I believe a sign that reads International School. Travel this road about a 3/4 of a mile on your left you will see the sign for Las Canas..... The restaurant is on site at the far end of the pool!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi all

I ate at Las Canas again last night and I highly recommend the lasagne, as good as or better than any I've ever had in the states. And again I had pizza and this time it was even better! Service excellent, the bread and garlic butter is superb. All in all, a great dining experience in a lovely setting, accompanied by singing frogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.